The World’s Worst Monsters: A new fiercely funny fantastical illustrated book of stories for kids, the latest from the bestselling author of Robodog

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The World’s Worst Monsters: A new fiercely funny fantastical illustrated book of stories for kids, the latest from the bestselling author of Robodog

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Below you can read an exclusive digital chapter sampler, featuring 'The Legend of the Wolfwere' story, from David Walliams' brand-new book 'The World's Worst Monsters!' Prior to becoming one of the world’s favourite children’s authors, Walliams had already made himself a household name as a comedian – which probably explains why his books are so universally loved. His hilarious tales exude an easy and authentic wit that brings out the child in readers of all ages!

Each of the book’s ten short stories is a (gently) spooky and fast-paced standalone tale, which breaks the book into manageable chunks that kids can dip in and out of. My personal favourite was The Curious Case of Miss Gorgon; what kid wouldn’t be instantly enthralled by an opening line like ‘The headmaster had been turned into stone!’? I loved that all of the monsters were familiar not completely made up creatures. And the way in which David Walliams created new awesome stories for these monsters was interesting and thoroughly entertaining. I loved the anticipation of seeing where he was going to take each monster’s individual story as I made my way through this book. The beloved World’s Worst series has captivated millions of readers. You’ve met the world’s worst children, the world’s worst parents, the world’s worst teachers and the world’s worst pets – but are you ready for the world’s worst monsters? The beloved World’s Worst series has captivated millions of readers. You’ve met the world’s worst children, the world’s worst parents, the world’s worst teachers, and the world’s worst pets – but are you ready for the world’s worst monsters? If you don’t like ghosts, ogres, zombies, vampires, aliens, werewolves, or mummies, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.’David Walliams has announced his latest book in the World’s Worst story collection, published by HarperCollins Children’s Books (HCCB). Laugh along to these ten terrifying tales of marvellous monsters, brought to you by David Walliams, and illustrated in glorious technicolour by Adam Stower. For kids who would normally look at you as if you’re mad to suggest reading for pleasure” - Independent

But as parent/librarian, I'm now getting annoyed at the deterioration in quality of Walliams' writing to the extent that I'm struggling to even read them aloud to my 6-year-old. This really is Walliams at his most silly - the perfect combination for thousands of his loyal fans” - Daily MailIf you don’t like ghosts, ogres, zombies, vampires, aliens, werewolves or mummies, DO NOT READ THIS BOOK. Laugh along to these ten terrifying tales of marvellous monsters, brought to you by David Walliams and illustrated in glorious technicolour by Adam Stower.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop