The Usborne Book of Face Painting (Usborne How to Guides)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE This book. Did I say I loved this book? You may know of Lisa Eldridge for being a famous makeup artist to the stars or from her highly popular Youtube channel. Lisa is a very relatable makeup artist that shares her secrets on youtube without being stuffy. In the past makeup artists and Hollywood never revealed their secrets which were always held close to the vest. Lisa ropes that curtain down and shows us how it is done. Thank you Lisa for sharing your talents and insight with the everyday woman who don't have a makeup artist at their whim. Her love for makeup really comes through to the viewer. Which is just fabulous. Face painting doesn't have to be only for kids and teens - adults can also enjoy some amazing face paint designs! Below, we've compiled 30 of our favorite face paint ideas for adults. Lisa concludes that the tribal mentality of wanting to belong is nothing new and face painting is beyond superficial beautification – adornment in this way is about sexual attraction and communicating the message of a group identity. “Whether we want to look like our favourite screen idol, we are communicating something about ourselves (through makeup) to the outside world,” she writes.

This is an absolutely amazing design for teenage girls and adult women alike! Perfect for the holidays or just winter in general! See the full tutorial here! #11. Devil Emoji Face Paint Design I’ve always been interested in history and makeup, so it was only a matter of time for me to start becoming interested in the history of makeup. I was excited when I came across this book, which covers the history of makeup and is written by a well-known makeup artist. Of course, there is only so much history can tell us about makeup depending on the era since it’s based on what was recorded and by who. I do like that Eldridge did talk about this as well as pointed out who was documenting cosmetic use in throughout various eras. It’s an important thing to take into consideration regarding history in general.A great choice for teenager girls, this cute witch face paint design is super fast and easy to do, and will surely impress your clients! See the full tutorial here! #24. Personalized Graffiti Arm Design Women featuring in ads started as a revolutionary act; of liberating them and their right to wear makeup. However, much as it happens in patriarchal societies, the act soon became a business to objectify women so much so that now it is downright misogynistic. Although most kits are suitable for aged three and upwards, we recommend keeping an eye on younger children while they explore their artistic capabilities.

If you really want to impress, this ice cream skull design will take the cake! Super colorful and unique, this design will win any prize! See the full tutorial here! #4. Realistic Dreamcatcher Arm Design Kids love cats, so it's no wonder that a cat face paint is a must-have for any child that loves to be face painted! We have three different cat face paint tutorials for you, so your child can choose which one they like best! See the full tutorials here! #19. Snowman Face Paint Idea I read this book because I am interested in the rivalry between H. Rubinstein and E. Arden. I am curious about the development of cosmetics as a giant industry which is least effected by global economic crisis. I watched Eldridge's interview with a historian about make-up and really liked it. Her newly released book, Face Paint, was the only one available to me so I went for it. I had also hoped for a discussion on the gender bias makeup obviously has, while mostly men were on the business side of things. She mentions theatre for example as influence but talks little about what exatcly or how it changed the market.

Top 5 Face Paints

For for the winter season, this snowman face paint tutorial is a really fun design to do on kids and adults as well! Create your own unique snowman by adding different elements and switching up paint colors! See the full tutorial here! #20. Superhero Face Paint Idea In keeping with our music theme, this musical rainbow design is great for teens and adults. Customize this design with different colors according to your client's needs! See the full tutorial here! #30. Christmas Ornaments Face Paint Design Remember you don’t have to be an artist - it’s about having fun and being creative. It can all be wiped off and done again if you make a mistake (nothing is permanent!) and if you’re creating a look on a child, you don’t have to worry about being too perfect or true to life. If you’re doing a base colour, damp your sponge, squeeze it out, dab it onto your colour, then press onto the skin. If it’s too wet, you may get streaks. If you want a deeper colour, leave the base to dry and then reapply on top. With Lisa's book it is more about the history, culture, and marketing of how makeup came to be. I have been waiting for a book like this for years! Like I mentioned previously, I love 'how to books' on makeup, but I wanted to know how we came to wear our makeup, how it evolved, how we consumed it, why we wore it a certain way one decade and another way years later. Lisa breaks that down and the style icons we looked to that changed how we approached makeup each generation.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop