Get a Life: The Diaries of Vivienne Westwood

Get a Life: The Diaries of Vivienne Westwood

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Get a Lifeis a fresh, unpredictable look at the life of one of the most influential artists and campaigners of our times. While it's not a comprehensive biography--we have Ian Kelly to thank for that--it is as close as we can get to the inner workings of her mind. She lives a busy, busy life - and as she records her daily routine we begin to get to know this woman - in an intimate productive way.

Her thinking on culture and the importance of engaging with the world to develop culture (not consumption) was very clear and inspiring.

Then again, Vivienne might be hanging out with her friend Pamela Anderson, or in India for Naomi Campbell's birthday party, or watching Black Sabbath in Hyde Park with Sharon Osbourne. I totally admire her dedication and energy and can only hope to be that active when I reach her age! To be so full of energy and life at her age - and to rally against what you believe is detrimental to the future - environmental, creative and judicious. I will surely remember this book but found it naive sometimes to believe you can do anything to influence few thousands people in the world who rule 7 billion. Dame Vivienne Westwood is one of the icons of our age: fashion designer, activist, co-creator of punk, global brand and grandmother.

I need to admit I learned many things about topics which should be very close and important for all of us. Westwood advanced from OBE to DBE in the 2006 New Year's Honours List for services to fashion,and had thrice earned the award for British Designer of the Year.Later that evening, I have dinner with the Dalai Lama who asks me about my meeting with Ban Ki-moon. Vivienne Westwood began Get A Life, her online diary, in 2010 with an impassioned post about Native American activist Leonard Peltier. Spanning six years of Climate Revolution, fashion and activism, the book is as provocative as you would expect from Britain’s punk dame.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop