Moondrop Starfield IEMs Carbon Nanotube Diaphragm Dynamic Earphone

Moondrop Starfield IEMs Carbon Nanotube Diaphragm Dynamic Earphone

RRP: £109.99
Price: £54.995
£54.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This pairing has really good imaging, layeri Y split has Moondrop logo printed on it and it doesn’t have any chin slider like the rest of Moondrop products. I feel people with bigger ear canals will find them even more comfortable than I do, even though I find them very comfortable myself. Ultimately a bit below the Etymotic when it comes to technical performance (especially speed and control in the bass in more demanding scenarios).

It turns out that under a strong light, I can make out a tiny L and R engraved on one side of the translucent rubber 2-pin connector housings. The 2019-2020 portable season has been absolutely beyond absurd in great deals and interesting tech releases. I hear no difference between my Burson Conductor 3, a full-size amp that costs quite a lot of cash, vs the R6, which is just a great portable music player. The shallower, more traditional fit and audibly weaker passive noise isolation (that is also a result of the venting) make them a good alternative for the times when one doesn’t want as deep and secure insertion but in-ears that are easier and quicker to insert and take off – which was definitely a major reason for why I even bought them in the first place. What I find most mesmerising about the finish is depending on the angle, the paint will shift from blue to purple.That alone should probably be a testament to how much I like the KXXS, and I have well over a couple hundred hours on my unit.

I really liked how Heavy Metal and Pop sounded on these, metal had the speed and aggression needed to make it sound good and engaging, and thanks to the bump in sub bass and bass area Pop songs sounded engaging and fun, Acid jazz also worked pretty well, sounding full and detailed, overall i found a really engaging IEM to listen, not the most correct a few times, but is always fun, overall the tonality is really good and i think most people will be happy with it. Listening to Cymande’s “Dove” the güiro is very faint and very distant from the centre of the action, whilst still being present enough to be heard, resulting in an increase of depth to the music. This results in a generally very pleasant tuning that can be considered generally flat/neutral in the midrange and treble, with an extra dose of warmth in the fundamental range without colouring the lower mids by too much (although there is undeniably more lower midrange warmth compared to Etymotic’s XR dynamic driver equivalent, so it is ultimately a coloured lower midrange response), followed by a bass lift that extends in a very nice slope that peaks in the true very low sub-bass wherefore the Starfield have got a very prominent subwoofer-like character if the recording really reaches as low as the true low sub-bass (that boost is around 14 dB above flat neutral in the lowest sub-bass, and around 7. The upper midrange around 2-3khz sounds like it has a bit of an emphasis relative to the frequency ranges above this area, and so it can occasionally sound a bit shouty and throw off guitar tones a bit. is a Chinese IEM manufacturer that has garnered much interest within the headphone enthusiast community due to the success of their Kanas Pro and KXXS IEMs.Surprisingly I personally think that it is better than some hybrids that I've tried despite it being a single DD IEM. To be honest, this is a case where the marketing description grossly oversells the reality of the product.

Upper-mids are more upfront on the Moondrop Starfield so if you prefer intimate vocals the E3000 will sound recessed in the midrange. connector has soldered joints that are just not soldered to high quality, when they dip or have any minor strain on them it sounds the same as an improperly connected TRS, volume dips and detail is missing as if it was 16khz audio rather than 44. Not to say that it isn’t good sounding (because it really is), just that the midrange is not quite as pronounced.The main deviation would be in the bass which slopes out further, lending some extra note-weight to male vocals (not at all a bad thing); the Harman target is a good deal more incisive at around 200hZ by comparison. Dynamics are generally compressed, imaging is only slightly above average, and layering is pretty “meh” hence the aforementioned congestion issues. Yes, the box is only cardboard, but in all honesty, I have a weakness for Asian lettering such as this. At the moment I'm unable to publish measurements for IEMs due to my current measurement rig's lack of ear-canal shaping of any kind. Nevertheless the Starfield's bass is what I would describe as "Not overly aggressive, not overly shy.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop