The Left-Handed Booksellers of London

The Left-Handed Booksellers of London

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Jacques, an attractive left-handed bookseller who killed her 'uncle' whom she was visiting to obtain information in her attempts to locate her father.

I did get bogged down in too much of the world building and there are so many Aunts and Uncles related to the main character, Merlin who is the Left-handed bookseller. Crime boss Frank Thringley might be able to help her, but Susan doesn’t get time to ask Frank any questions before he is turned to dust by the prick of a silver hatpin in the hands of the outrageously attractive Merlin. The story gradually grows grander and bigger until it’s nonstop action—confronting monsters, figuring out who’s a traitor, and all that good stuff—like an avalanche. And I know it's set in the 80s, but I kept forgetting until a few little historical or pop culture bits were mentioned, so YMMV on why that matters at all. Any setting other than current times will do as far as I'm concerned, but I found 80's London to be especially vibrant and fascinating.But if it does get a sequel, I'd definitely be interested to read it - I think there's a lot of good potential in this world and these characters.

There are no tortured pasts or (reformed) bad boy love interests or mean girls despising the heroine who’s not like the other girls.

Here is a world with the same solidity and four dimensional authority as our own, created with invention, clarity, and intelligence. Action, light romance and otherworldly machinations keep the tension flowing as Nix reveals a warm-hearted and clever fantasy. The main character was a bit of a dud for me, she just sort of went along with everything as it happened. There are a lot of books mentioned, but I was super excited to see Black Hearts in Battersea mentioned, which is so underrated.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop