GET BAKED: Sensational Cakes, Bakes & Desserts

GET BAKED: Sensational Cakes, Bakes & Desserts

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This book brings you 40 of those most popular creations, including Raspberry Glazed Donut Cookie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Mr Pistachio, Purple Haze, S'Mores Brownies, Campfire and Birthday Truffles, culminating in the famous 'Bruce', a 24-layer giant consisting of chocolate cake and ganache, that people travel far and wide to buy. A spokesperson for West Yorkshire Trading Standards told the Manchester Evening News: "West Yorkshire Trading Standards can confirm that we have advised the business concerned that the use of E127 is not permitted in this type of confectionery item.

READ MORE: 'I tried London's hot wings so spicy you need to sign a waiver and I thought I was going to die' Instead, they'll be Angel spot Neighbourhood's permanent dessert option among their ever-rotating pop up chefs. "We're gonna be supplying lots of other places in London as well," Rich added. "So you'll be able to get our stuff from from lots of places in London. But we're not opening a physical store because it's very, very risky. Especially at the minute." A bakery owner's furious rant has gone viral on social media after his cake shop was reported to Trading Standards for using 'illegal' sprinkles.

If you are aware of Sprinklegate then you have heard of Get Baked Bakery in the UK. If you aren't familiar then the story is Rich Myers got busted for using US made sprinkles in his baked goods that are considered illegal in the UK due to a specific dye. He was using the US sprinkles instead of the UK ones because he felt they were superior. He made several snarky posts about it on Facebook and thus Sprinklegate was born. This book brings you 40 of those most popular creations, including Raspberry Glazed Donut Cookie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Mr Pistachio, Purple Haze, S'Mores Brownies, Campfire and Birthday Truffles, culminating in the famous ‘Bruce’, a 24 layer giant consisting of chocolate cake and ganache, that people travel far and wide to buy. Vowing to go on "sprinkle strike", the bakery said they were only prepared to use those sprinkles and no others. Mr Myers said he bought the sprinkles from a well-known wholesaler in the UK and had not ever thought they were off limits.

This sensational cookbook brings you a range of the tastiest treats from the iconic GET BAKED® bakery in Leeds!I'm not sure we have these in the US. And every single ingredient is listed by weight. I rarely feel like even measuring my flour by weight...I don't want to be weighing my eggs. But the desserts look so yummy that maybe I'm ready to try weighing all my ingredients like a professional. This sensational cookbook brings you a range of the tastiest treats from the iconic GET BAKED® bakery. He has been updating customers on social media over the last few days and it was on Facebook where he first revealed two of his most popular bakes will no longer feature. His comments have since gone viral. Bruce Pudding: the most famous of Rich’s desserts, a 24-layer chocolate cake designed for two to three people to share and served with hot chocolate fudge, chocolate crumble and milk ice-cream

Get Baked become famous for its Gruesome Bruce cake inspired by Bruce Bogtrotter in the film Matilda (Image: Get Baked) The sprinkle saga began on October 3, when the bakery posted about a ‘lovely visit’ from Trading Standards after a disgruntled customer made a complaint.

Creative Play

Rich has also written a Get Baked cookbook - exclusively previewed by MyLondon - in which he reveals the secret behind making Bruce. Every recipe is as sensational as you'd expect, and then some. The Headingley bakery, which is known for its giant layered 'Bruce' cakes, explained that the American sprinkles may contain colourings that aren’t allowed in the UK, and they needed to be tested. From the Get Baked account, Mr Myers explained the sprinkles are imported from the US and contain colours that aren’t allowed in the UK. I went to one of London's best Middle Eastern restaurants with 'mind-blowing food’ and the meat was so good I'm dreaming about it' He added he will not use any other sprinkles on his baked goods: “Unfortunately, I am only prepared to use them and no others. If I can’t use them, I won’t use any. I will be on a sprinkle strike and won’t budge for no man.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop