I Love Stornoway - Notebook: Composition/Exercise book, Notebook and Journal for All Ages, College Lined 150 pages 7.44" x 9.69"

£9.9
FREE Shipping

I Love Stornoway - Notebook: Composition/Exercise book, Notebook and Journal for All Ages, College Lined 150 pages 7.44" x 9.69"

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Come and visit Santa at Pointers Youth Centre from 5:30pm - 7pm when the Christmas Lights go on in... MG ALBA said on Tuesday (November 7) that "we would like to extend our sympathies to the family of Dr Finlay MacLeod, who sadly passed away on Sunday in Stornoway. A man who was enormously supportive of the Gaelic language throughout his life; he will be fondly remembered and missed."

The picture is by Fiona Rennie and was part of the publicity for one of his many contributions to Faclan, the Hebridean Literature Festival. Well-known as an author, broadcaster, teacher and historian, he was described as a polymath with numerous areas of expertise. Fred Silver, editor of welovestornoway.com and EVENTS newspaper, said this is a day of great loss for the family and islands. Dr Finlay was a man of extraordinary abilities and wisdom, he said. In 2017 he was presented with a lifetime achievement award at the 5 th Scottish Gaelic Awards in Glasgow.

He has spent a lifetime studying many of the aspects of life in the Western Isles and he has worked tirelessly on a range of initiatives which have contributed to life in Lewis and further afield. STORE 67 IS OPENING LATE FOR THE CHRISTMAS LIGHT SWITCH ON! Open until 7pm Tuesday November 28th... He and his wife Norma have welcomed many students, journalists and writers to their home where they provide support, guidance and friendship. Many individuals and groups have recognised the immense contribution Dr Finlay has made to Gaelic.”

Dr Finlay was an expert on a wide range of topics including chapels, healing wells, placenames, the Lewis Chessmen, island photography, archaeology, the land struggles and the place of religion and education in communities. North Uist Agricultural Show has announced cash need not be a priority next week as they have been able... As the yuletide season arrives, and the Christmas fairs, fayres, concerts, and markets find their... Professor Frank Rennie described him as ‘a long time friend and mentor’, while author Donald S Murray said: “He was an outstanding figure in my youth and childhood and has left his mark throughout my existence.”Among his many published works in Gaelic and English are publications on the Norse mills, healing-wells and historic temples of Lewis. Dr Finlay, as he was known to so many, reportedly passed away in Stornoway early today (Sunday 5 November). Over the years Dr Finlay has provided many people with detailed information, advice and, most importantly, encouragement to pursue different projects. Stornoway Singers Christmas concert is on Saturday 16 December at 7.30pm in Bridge Community Centre Comhairle nan Eilean Siar has announced it is seeking nominations for the remaining vacancies on...

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop