All the Things We Never Said

All the Things We Never Said

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

At one point in the book Cara, a wheelchair user and one of the three main characters, has this to say about it: This book had me sobbing by the end of the first chapter. I had never read a story where the mental health rep so completely accurate to mine and reading it felt like I had finally been seen, that someone else really understood everything that goes through my head. I have related to other characters in other books but there has never been a rep where the characters religious beliefs also influences how they feel. This book finally incorporated all aspects of my life. This is an extremely dark story about three girls – Mehreen, Cara and Olivia – that shines a light on the power of friendship. Although the story is narrated in multiple perspectives, Mehreen ultimately feels like the main protagonist of the novel and, unsurprisingly, it was Mehreen’s character that I related to the most. We get 3 POV in the book. It is a much needed POV. It shows even though we all go through something different, we deal with it different, the depression, anxiety, demons in our head, suicidal thoughts and everything but in a way all of it feels the same. We get different personality from 3 POV, with culture differences, different issues from depression, anxiety, sexual abuse, grief but they all share a common suicidal thoughts. Book Genre: Contemporary, Disability, Fiction, Health, LGBT, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Mystery, Thriller, Young Adult, Young Adult Contemporary

Trigger Warnings: Suicide, suicidal thoughts, suicide pact, self harm (cutting), sexual abuse, attempted rape and mentions of past rape, death of a family member, private photos going viral. As a child, she wanted to be a postwoman, but decided to settle for being an author. She has an MA in Creative Writing from the University of Hertfordshire and an MA in Writing for Young People from Bath Spa University, both with Distinction. This book is something else. It's a really strong story intertwined with mental illnesses, physical disability, sexual abuse and all of that wrapped in a suicidal pact of three completely different girls with completely different problems. The very important thing I learned about this book is don’t be scared to voice out. Just find your voice. Be brave and do what you gotta do. Anxiety and depression are illnesses, right? Not everyone accepts that, but it's scientifically correct. So anxiety is making you feel like this and depression is making you want to do this. The thing with mental illness is that it dominates your mind, pushes out everything that was originally there. So you could argue that it's not you making this decision, it's the anxiety and depression. Or your 'Chaos'."This book is about three girls who are dealing with depression and anxiety. Life seems too much for them. Especially Mehreen. She’s the main focus in this book, I suppose. This debut novel is an absolute triumph in voice and style - each of the 3 POV characters are so fully realized, you will feel like you've known them your entire life and will not want to let them go. Mehrín. Cara. Olivia. Všechny tři mají tajemství. Všechny tři jsou tak bezradné a cítí se tak samy, že nevidí jiné východisko. The book has three points of view but it is easy to distinguish between them as they each have distinct voices and personalities. All three girls are struggling yet when they meet each other, even they cannot understand why the others would want to commit suicide and I thought it was so important to see that. That just by looking at someone, even if they are smiling and laughing, they could still be drowning inside. They could still be struggling to cope with everything that is happening in their life. So it’s important not to dismiss someone, just because they look okay. The concept of this book is something I was looking for and I loved how this book focuses more on family and friendship. The writing is so good and beautiful. I liked it when I feel those three girls are really close to me. Like I know them for so long and I just don’t wanna let them go. I’ve been laughing, cussing and almost cried for them. There’s no romance part in this book and I feel okay about it because the main focus was on Mehreen, Cara and Olivia.

This book was rlly good. The characters were all lovely, the rep was excellent and the plot was gripping. I liked the diversity of all the characters and their issues, and not just the main characters but their families too. Cara is disabled from an accident that she believes she caused. She believes she "k**led" her dad. You can imagine how the burden of this and the disability itself might affect a person. The author wrote her point of view so well. I could feel the anger in her. I'm not disabled nor have I ever been so I can't say how realistic this in real life but I could imagine it very realistically so kudos to the author.

The plot of this story was absolutely amazing and full of twists and turns. The plot was never boring and was extremely fast pace which is what I love. Like I already said, I love that this was told in multiple points of view so we got to see the story through three completely different yet so similar people. It seems like a miracle when they sign their lives away to 'mementomori.com'; it seems like their fantasies of escaping this world can finally become an actuality. Cara lost her father and the ability to walk due to a fatal car accident a few months ago. Her once friends have stopped visiting her, she doesn't attend school anymore, and her mum has become obsessively paranoid for her safety and cannot leave her side for more than six seconds.

The ending of this book was just perfect. Overall, it was an amazing read for me because I didn’t expect it to be this good. Highly recommend. Keep an eye on this author. If you struggle with those triggers, please, please, please, please, PLEASE. Consider if you really want to read this book very well. And even then - take your time.Olivia appears to have the perfect life. She's from a wealthy family, she's sociable, she's kind... but that's all she lets on. Underneath the faultless costume her mother has constructed, Olivia is a victim of sexual abuse. And her abuser is moving in next week. It's an interesting concept and all three girls personalities were so different and yet worked well as they grew together. It's also super diverse. Mehreen, arguably the main character of the three, is a British Muslim with anxiety and depression. There's also a wheelchair user and a survivor of sexual assault. it's all about the power of friendship between them, about love and grief and healing, and it really shows just how much strength it takes to fight with yourself every day and keep going.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop