The Path Of Daggers: Book 8 of the Wheel of Time: Book 8 of the Wheel of Time (Now a major TV series): 8/12

£9.9
FREE Shipping

The Path Of Daggers: Book 8 of the Wheel of Time: Book 8 of the Wheel of Time (Now a major TV series): 8/12

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Path of Daggers is the eighth book in the Wheel of Time series. The story despite being shorter than the previous book is somehow slower in pace in some parts. At times I felt nothing was happening and at other times I felt a lot was happening. So there is definitely some problem here and there with the pacing. Fingering her belt knife idly, Aviendha wondered about that. Egwene, Elayne's Amyrlin Seat, said much the same. She was a friend, too, but she had wrapped her heart around being Aes Sedai. Aviendha herself did not want to be part of the White Tower. She very much doubted that Sorilea or any other Wise One did, either.

Other than that, I've been enjoying how Egwene is managing all her sitters, more than enjoying how Rand manages Lews, and I loved how the Sea Folk run ram-shod over everyone else. Can one like that be trusted?" Aviendha muttered. "Maybe we should be sure she cannot interfere." She examined her fist; Teslyn Baradon would see that. The woman deserved to be caught by the Shadowsouled, by Moghedien or another. Fools deserved whatever their foolishness brought.In The Path of Daggers, the eighth novel in Robert Jordan’s #1 New York Times bestselling epic fantasy series, The Wheel of Time®, Rand al'Thor engages in battle wearing the Crown of Swords and wielding Callandor against a force unprepared for the wrath of the Dragon Reborn. This richly detailed fantasy presents fully realized, complex adventure. Recommended.” — Library Journal With the Wheel of Time, Jordan has come to dominate the world that Tolkien began to reveal’ New York Times In The Path of Daggers , the eighth novel in Robert Jordan’s #1 New York Times bestselling epic fantasy series, The Wheel of Time®, Rand al'Thor engages in battle wearing the Crown of Swords and wielding Callandor against a force unprepared for the wrath of the Dragon Reborn. Without spoiling anything, I thought the beginning 1/3 of this book was fantastic, and the drama that surrounded these characters interacting with the Seanchan invasion is incredibly tense and exciting. This book is the shortest one yet, and as such the pacing is wonderfully done throughout the whole book.

The Seanchan invaders are heading for Illian—and Rand's army of Asha'man soldiers. When they meet in battle, some of the Asha'man are afflicted by madness, unable to control their channeling and unleashing raw power. Perrin Aybara moves into Ghealdan in an attempt to stop Masema Dagar, the self-proclaimed Prophet of the Dragon. At the end of the book, Faile Bashere is kidnapped by the Shaido Aiel. But these are all examples drawn from the literary canon. What happens when fantasy, a genre often prone to portraying the righteous struggles of angelic heroes against twisted villains, tries to create a real jerk who is also supposed to be not only a hero but a savior?* In Ghealdan, Perrin faces the intrigues of Whitecloaks, Seanchan invaders, the scattered Shaido Aiel, and the Prophet himself. Perrin's beloved wife, Faile, may pay with her life, and Perrin himself may have to destroy his soul to save her. I owe Robert Jordan so much. Without him, modern fantasy would be bereft of the expansive, deep worlds and the giant casts which I love so dearly. It's not often I can look at another author and say: that person paved my way. But such is exactly the case with Jordan.” —Jenn Lyons, author of The Ruin of KingsEgwene al'Vere, Amyrlin Seat of the rebel Aes Sedai, finally manipulates her unruly followers into giving her more control, and they prepare Travel to Tar Valon to lay siege to the White Tower. Yes, it's an excellent fantasy although, because of the overall length of the entire story, it remains easy to get lost within the various twists and turns - to say nothing of the enormous number of characters - of the story. But in that case, Elayne is the bigger annoyance. Whether she's doingthething she shouldn't be doing, b/c if Aviendha can do it, the Daughter Heir of Andor can do it, too, or making meaningless connections while missing the obvious and IMPORTANT ones, I wish this red-haired future queen was a Red Shirt, and good riddance.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop