Steiner Navigator Pro 7x30 marine binoculars - Extremely rugged, sharp images, 5m water proof - Outstanding viewing quality for beginners and professionals, Blue

£39.995
FREE Shipping

Steiner Navigator Pro 7x30 marine binoculars - Extremely rugged, sharp images, 5m water proof - Outstanding viewing quality for beginners and professionals, Blue

RRP: £79.99
Price: £39.995
£39.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Steiner very kindly accepted my request and a few days later a brand new pair landed on my desk and below is my initial "mini" review along with the thoughts and opinions after testing and using them on my kayaking trip I solely focus on how they performed for me as a binocular for kayaking/canoeing (note: the full review, where I will go into far more depth will follow in due course): Steiner Navigator Pro 7x30 Binoculars Review I was initially inclined to the view that the Habichts were not multicoated so as to provide greater product differentiation with the then new SL’s The curve of the neu reflects improved AR coatings, and may also indicate refinement to the prism coatings Due to its peculiar, unusual characteristics, a Russian 7x30 should be in any binoculars technical collection. And for much general viewing I find it preferable - especially in the harsh white light of an Australian summer

I've posted a few pics below to show some of that, and i'll add to my comparison review once the weather "sun's up"! Either way, this is not really what this type of binocular is designed for and so I would still not recommend them to anyone who often needs to view objects at close range. The Mark IV dates from 2002. It refers to the addition of dielectric prism coating aka Swarobright of the non-Total Internal Reflection surface of the Schmidt-Pechan prism pair at least in the original form, Swarotop was significantly less efficient than the mature form of DV coating The Mirakels are JE4 and JB138. No markings on the Kowa(I guess it isnt necessary). No markings on the Jason.Mirrorless Cameras Canon EOS-M Cameras Canon EOS-R Mirrorless Cameras Fujifilm X Mirrorless Cameras Nikon Z Cameras Sony Alpha Cameras Panasonic Lumix S Cameras Panasonic Lumix G Cameras Olympus OM-D & PEN Cameras Canon EOS-M Mirrorless Cameras In my mind, "perceived sharpness" isn't simply the fine orchestration of quality glass, coatings, and magnification. It's MUCH easier for my brain to recognize "sharp" when i'm holding my 6x24 Leitz Trinovid (made 1963-65, & re-issued in 1967-???) or my late 1950's Nippon Kogaku 7x50 Mikron. Smaller magnifications cancel out much of the sharpness restricting extra shake that's part and parcell with using hand held binos. Not compatible with #93648 Off-Axis Guider, not compatible with #93519 2" Mirror Diagonal (discontinued) see the cross section of a Mark I 7x30 B; per Henry Link: https://www.birdforum.net/showpost.php?p=2215925&postcount=237

though of course in the longer term, advances in multi-coating were going to provide both greater transmission and a more neutral coloured image) Memory Cards & Storage SD Cards Micro SD cards CFexpress cards Compact Flash and CFast cards Card Readers SSD and USB Drives Scanners Note: I tested them using my sunglasses and as expected was able to achieve the full field of view with them on after completely folding down the eyecups. Whilst certainly not essential, Steiner's Hydrophobic "Nano-Protection" is a very nice feature to have on the water and I love the way the water acts like it is almost allergic to the glass and simply runs off it. As well as enabling better views in spray/rain, cleaning the glass is easier because of these coatings. Weaknesses: is durable polycarbonate with NBR Long Life rubber armoring, creating a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. Impervious to harsh conditions for generations of trusted use.Again both changes can be fitted to earlier production, and again the eyecups can be changed by users It seems to me like it has a very slight compression at the edge of the field -- like a barrel distortion, definitely not a pincushion distortion which would have been optically better. This seems very similar to the Kowa BDII which to me is the direct competitor for the P7 with its 8.8° FoV.

I make them about 9" long and 1-1/2" wide for these, and made a shorter 7" two hole version for a smaller/lighter binocular. (my Leitz 6X24 Trinovid) at least in the early to mid 1980’s, DV coating was the better choice when maximum transmission was required, and therefore On the kayak and with a paddle and camera to deal with, this was certainly an advantage as it made it much easier for me to use these Steiner Navigator Pro 7x30 Binoculars with just one hand.

This binocular seems a military one because: there is a reticle in the right eyepiece; it is individual focus; and it is well-built while ones for export sale were often of lesser build quality. When the going gets tough, the wise tough-cookie grabs a pair of Steiner Military-Grade binoculars. The units were sealed by the expedient of placing a flat glass on the front of the previously open objective housings One other very important aspect is that NBR rubber, especially in relation to marine uses where you will often leave the binoculars on your boat, is that it also has an excellent level of resistance to sun and heat aging and so does not harden and perish as natural rubber does.

That long tube Zeiss 8x30B Dialyt is one of the sharpest pair i own. I considered that before, but now that i have a more modern alpha to compare it to i'm sure of it now. It is in no way sharper than my newer version however, but no way it is less! We test this equipment within the field, on moving subjects and landmarks for our buying guides, and look for marine binoculars that combine magnification, good construction, and image clarity, which can be used and withstand a day on the sea. Budget is also an indicator and within this guide, you will find marine binoculars to suit everyone's budget and needs.I found the cups themselves to be very comfortable even when pushed firmly against my face and this is certainly one area where they have the advantage over the twist-up type on most binoculars. An extremely well-made instrument using high-quality components very comfortable in the hands, with high levels of grip. These seemed to be pretty close to the objective diameter of the new Zeiss armored objective tubes, but i couldn't use the side strap attachment points. They interfered with fitting into the leather case i wanted to use, and are of no use at the objective end anyway.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop