Oi! Get Off Our Train

Oi! Get Off Our Train

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Get Off Our Train is about a little boy and his toy dog as they go on an imaginary adventure on a train. Your child can choose some toy animals to be the passengers and then be the engine driver themselves.

It is not included in promotions available to our main range products, as stated in our terms of service. Registered office address: Unit 34 Vulcan House Business Centre, Vulcan Road, Leicester, Leicestershire, LE5 3EF. John Burningham collaborated with Ian Fleming on Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang, designing the model of the famous car. But the animals each give a very good reason for wanting to be on the train, for instance the first of them, an elephant, says, 'Someone is coming to cut off my tusks, and soon there will be none of us left. I think this suits a slightly older child (say 4/5 who just wants to relax while read to and can join in the "oi, get.The author tackles the topical issue of endangered species with humour in this tale which describes a small child's fantasy about driving a train which is waylaid by animals.

When a little boy goes to sleep, the toy train in his bedroom comes alive, piloted by a miniature version of the boy. Plan a journey by train or find somewhere to safely watch trains for example from a nearby railway bridge or at a station. Ties in very well to a lot of geography issues, human destruction of our planet and the animals that live within it. This is effective as not an in your face 'humans are terrible' but could allow a child to realise this is not right - animals don't deserve to be treated that way and understand ways in which this could be improved. The way in which each added character was presented in their own setting and adopted into the group (the train) shows how stepping out of your comfort zone and into that of another can forge bonds and friendships which you would otherwise miss out on.If your child has a toy train or suitable construction set and small figures they can use these to tell the story. I’m 100% for saving the polar bears and raising awareness of these issues with children but this was a strange way to do it. The heron tells the boy that he cannot leave the train because his marsh is being drained, and he cannot live on dry land. I loved this fun book about the fantasy of an imaginative boy dreaming about being on a train with his toy dog for company.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop