Dark Rooms: The brand new Jane Tennison thriller from The Queen of Crime Drama

Dark Rooms: The brand new Jane Tennison thriller from The Queen of Crime Drama

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I really had an issue with the Jason Thorpe character, particularly at the end as the events reached their anti climactic climax. Her former co-workers ignore her, her boss doesn’t bat an eyelash…until a serial killer strikes back and the force is stuck trying to find a missing witness. This site uses cookies to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. In 1991 ITV released Prime Suspect which has now run to seven series and stars Helen Mirren as DCI Jane Tennison. During this high point in her life, La Plante also published her most famous books (the Cold series).

Over the last few years, I have had a great time getting through the amazing Tennison series by iconic crime fiction author Lynda La Plante. The family history was so all over the place and by the end of the book the whole thing seemed like a waste of time. Extremely unprofessional, and for an obnoxious, overbearing, pompous character like our “heroine”, I would have expected professionalism. Overall, Dark Rooms was a weaker Tennison novel from Lynda La Plante, and one that does not really stand out when compared to some of the more impressive books in the series.The heiress of an immense family fortune, she keeps the secret to the horror which once occurred within the Lanark family house. I had a struggle to complete the book and once I have completed reading it, the ending was lackluster. I have lived in China for the past 2O years,so getting English novels is not easy,although found odd ones on the internet here.

I love this series and always enjoy the evolution of Jane's character - it was very exciting to see her once again take a step forward in career with her promotion.I was worried going into a series at book 8 but I thoroughly enjoyed it and hope to go back and read the previous 7 books. La Plante was welcomed into the Crime-Thriller-Awards Hall-of-Fame in 2009, and later given an Honorary-Fellowship with the Forensic-Science-Society because of the amount of accuracy that she uses in portraying forensic-science in her work. These books show the early days of Jane Tennison, as you will know from the hit TV series "Prime Suspect" where Jane was played by Helen Mirren. It is now the mid-80s, and we meet up with Jane as she's moved into her new home and is having it renovated. I was very disappointed when the character made a few poor choices during the investigation and furthermore discussing details of the case with her boyfriend and family I found it to be very unprofessional especially seeing she was just promoted to a senior position.

After this turning point in her life, Lynda signed her first book-deal with Pan MacMillan, who helped her publish her very first novel, The Legacy, in 1987. Dark Rooms' is the eighth book in the Jane Tennison series, prequel to the 'Prime Suspect' TV series (and the novelisations of the first three seasons). While Lynda has completed and released several novels in the past years (Blind Fury, Deadly Intent, Blood Line, Silent Scream, Backlash and her newest release, Wrongful Death), she still has much more planned for those who enjoy her writing. I don’t know why it wasn’t made clear, it would have made it more enjoyable to understand the context.

I didn’t care/ particularly want Jane and Eddie to get together and I didn’t care about the Lanark’s because the story was so all over the place. There were SO many characters in the victims back story and their ancestry was super confusing to me. Lynda has a strong focus on crime and thriller, as she discovered when she wrote her first series for Thames Television, Widows, in 1983. I deserved something juicy and suspenseful but the little excitement it introduced quickly petered out and I was left unfulfilled. Lynda La Plante presents an intricate case for the recently promoted Jane Tennison, her first investigation as a Detective Inspector following her required time spent in uniform.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop