Before We Were Strangers: A Love Story

Before We Were Strangers: A Love Story

RRP: £16.15
Price: £8.075
£8.075 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Matt is portrayed as this sweet photo loving guy that starts of being friends with Grace and thinks she is his muse but then he makes out with a random girl at a party and takes a tequila shot of her tits WHILE GRACE IS THERE. Puh-lease, this guy makes no sense like ever. The story draws on events that occurred as part of the political violence that led to the overthrow of Cuban dictator Gerardo Machado y Morales in 1933. In 1932, a violent opposition group, the ABC ( abecedarios), assassinated the President of the Cuban Senate Clemente Vazquez Bello. They had constructed a tunnel to reach the Vazquez family crypt in Havana's Colón Cemetery and planted an explosive device there, anticipating that Machado would attend the funeral. The plan failed when the family decided to bury Vazquez elsewhere. [1]

Don't even get me started on when he gets pissed at the heroine when he finds out something that HIS EX-WIFE caused NOT THE HEROINE. Depicts perfectly a love story that is raw, flawed, real and at the same time beautiful. My heart was beating alongside all the tangible moments. This lady knows how to write pure romance and infinite love. She writes about seemingly real people with realistic plots. No fluff, no bull! Before We Were Strangers was sheer perfection! It is a timeless and epic love story… This book has it all. DO NOT MISS THIS ONE! Fabulous job Renée. You are one of the great ones! Keep going…” Compelling and evocative. Matt and Grace’s story will pull at your heartstrings while reminding you that true love can conquer the most difficult challenges. This is Renée Carlino’s best, most poignant work to date."I loved Grace,she had such spirit and a fierce determination to be independent as she struggled to put herself through college with no help from her family.Matt is captivated by her and they eventually become lovers.

This blurb was probably one of the most intriguing and captivating blurbs I’ve stumbled across. The moment I read it, this book became an obsession. I needed to read it, I had to. There’s something seriously wrong with the relationship of these two. They don’t communicate. They’re melodramatic and immature. Sometimes it feels like they’re in a one sided relationship with the way they make decisions without including the other. Everyone is living in his own head and doesn’t even bother to include the other person? To talk to them? They just frustrated me to death!!

Customer reviews

I thought about what had happened to us. I thought about the way she looked on the subway—still beautiful, like I remembered, but different. No one would ever describe Grace as cute. Even though she was petite, she was too striking to be cute, with her big green eyes and massive mane of blonde hair. Her eyes had seemed hollow, her face a bit harder than when I last saw her. It had only taken one glance for me to know she wasn’t the effervescent, free spirit I’d known years ago. It made me crazy wondering what her life was like now. Tell me that I’m not the only one who thinks that these two are so freakin toxic. Like really toxic.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop