The Creakers

The Creakers

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Het is zeker een groot avontuur, er komen veel monsters in voor (misschien verstandig om je kind dit niet alleen in bed te laten lezen), en het is ook echt wel een familieboek: heel leuk om samen te lezen. There isn’t a child in the land who hasn’t imagined something lurking under the bed, and the idea of the bumbling, muttering, smelly Creakers will give them a delicious thrill.

It's quite a chunker, but the font is big and it has a lot of illustrations, so don't be intimidated by the size! The Christmasaurus was the biggest debut middle-grade novel of 2016 and was shortlisted for a British Book Award, since then Tom has published several more chart-topping children’s novels including The Creakers, The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch and the instant number one bestseller The Danger Gang. This is fun at first, but when children are free to run wild someone needs to step up, an unlikely hero and thats when Lucy discovers the Creakers under her bed. Begins with a premise that doesn’t bear examination and goes badly off the rails toward the end: skip.

het eerst superleuk vinden om niet op de vingers getikt te worden door een volwassene, niet naar school hoeven te gaan, doen waar ze zin in hebben, maar uiteindelijk toch door hebben dat ze niet zonder hun ouders kunnen. From beginning to end it is a fast-paced page-turner; I was always on the edge of my seat wanting to know what happened next. But, oddly enough, the very second Lucy stopped struggling and wriggling, the walls seemed to let her go.

Kids at school are nice (except one whom readers will see instantly is a bully); soon they’ll get to perform Shakespeare scenes in a unit they’ve all been looking forward to. The moment Lucy realized this she went toppling up to it with a wet thud, landing next to the hole she’d plopped out of. If you were registered for the newsletter, you will now receive the Puffin Schools newsletter, which is filled with all the latest information about accompanying resources and upcoming shows. The investigations begin under her very own bed, after Lucy hears suspicious and creepy noises and discovers every child’s worst nightmare: monsters under the bed.I felt like I solved that way too soon - but that might be because I'm an adult and, well, this is a children's story. Since then, Tom has published several more chart-topping children's novels including The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch, The Christmasaurus and the Naughty List, The Creakers and the instant number-one bestseller The Danger Gang. Protected Winnie, the ten-year-old heroine, is not immortal, but when she comes upon young Jesse Tuck drinking from a secret spring in her parents' woods, she finds herself involved with a family who, having innocently drunk the same water some 87 years earlier, haven't aged a moment since. The Christmasaurus is currently being developed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey into an animated, feature-length movie with original songs written by Tom. However, I did manage to read two books from my list: Daughter of the Burning City by Sarah Foody, and The Creakers by Tom Fletcher.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop