How Not to Kill Your Houseplant: Survival Tips for the Horticulturally Challenged

£4.995
FREE Shipping

How Not to Kill Your Houseplant: Survival Tips for the Horticulturally Challenged

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Some plants are notoriously difficult to care for, and the only thing you’re guilty of is being a botanical over-achiever.

Flowering plants and plants with variegated leaves prefer a lighter spot compared to plants with green foliage, while ferns are good houseplants for dark rooms.

Always choose a pot that is bigger than the current one, so that your plant has room to grow new roots. so that their fleshy leaves struggle to perform the two basic processes essential to all plants, which are photosynthesis and respiration. In my own circles, I’ve had many friends and family members who’ve never owned a plant, now sporting at least a Monstera deliciosa or a succulent in their Instagram updates. Cast your mind back to the fledgling months of 2020 and to the final weeks of a pre-pandemic world that now seems as unreal as a unicorn. Foliage and flowering plants, bromeliads, cacti, succulents, orchids, carnivorous plants and herbs make up the indoor garden.

However this is still one of those random rare things that should only happen by accident, perhaps a one time overdose, for example, you didn't dilute the concentration and accidentally poured it into the soil neat. Top tip: As well as pretty houseplant pots, you can get creative with shelving options for your houseplant . The bold print features fans of colonial green palm leaves splayed across a soothing off-white background, and I fantasised about plastering it over all four walls of my London living room, thinking it was the closest I was going to get to living in a tropical paradise any time soon. It doesn’t help that plants nowadays are being marketed and sold as ‘low light’ plants (and sometimes even ‘zero light’ plants!Claudia de Yong Designs offers a consultancy and design service for the private and corporate client. If it’s a warm, bright, sheltered spot out of direct sunlight, for example, then any of the plants that I’ve mentioned above will thrive. Smaller plants should be repotted once every two years, while large houseplants can go four years before they need transplanting. From what sort of houseplant compost you should be using to the best houseplants for dark rooms and how to clean houseplant leaves, follow our advice on how not to kill your houseplants and they will be thriving in no time!

If you're the first type of person (at this point in time) you simply won't care for your houseplants properly in the long term. Monstera deliciosa, which is also known as the Swiss cheese plant due to the large holes in its glossy dark green leaves, has a real retro feel to it. Philodendron: Philodendrons had their fifteen minutes of fame in the 70s, but they’re making a comeback.Over the last 20 years, Tom has successfully owned hundreds of houseplants and is always happy to share knowledge and lend his horticulture skills to those in need. Gardening books only have meaning when they are set in your context because of unique cultural parameters like climate, soil profiles, growing seasons (for example: most of India doesn’t have a brutal winter and total rest season for plants).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop