Goodnight Mister Tom

Goodnight Mister Tom

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Something that annoyed me about him was his complete and utter selfishness, especially in the hospital.

My favourite character is Zach as I liked how posh he was and how different he was to all the other characters. But when Thomas loses touch with William after being summoned back to live with his mother, Thomas embarks on a journey to find the young boy who had become like a son to him.Michelle Magorian was born in Portsmouth, England, and grew up in such diverse places as Perth, Australia, and Singapore. I will not further spoil the story but we read of extreme sadness balanced out by joy of life and the perseverance of the spirit . Timid, scrawny Willie Beech -- the abused child of a single mother -- is evacuated to the English countryside. I totally love this book because its very emotional also i feel really sorry for William his mother abuses him for things that don't matter and for the baby what kind of mother will say its a gift from god and lock the baby up in a dark room!

Though initially distant, Tom is moved after discovering William's home life and treats him with kindness. He quickly realises how fragile his young charge is and when William reveals, quite innocently, the way his mother has treated him, Tom is shocked but also determined that he will show him a different kind of life. Neither William nor Tom are quite as they seem, however, and as a tentative friendship grows between them, Mister Tom begins to shed his bad temper. She trained to be an actress, studying at the Rose Bruford College of Speech and Drama, and at Marcel Marceau’s L’école Internationale de Mime in Paris. Furious to hear about his association with the Jewish Zach and to see William speak for himself, she accuses him of blasphemy and knocks him unconscious.He learns to love a world he never knew existed, a world of friendship and affection in which harsh words and daily beatings have no place. His mother, a single parent, is an extremely religious woman who has controlled William through severe physical punishment and has kept him from school because she believes it to be a godless place. This resource by Royal Institution encourages children to look at the history and continued development of the telephone. In real life, many people who were severely abused by their parents as children admit that they still love their parent.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop