Euphoric Recall

Euphoric Recall

RRP: £11.95
Price: £5.975
£5.975 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I reported being raped to a member of The Provisional IRA and I was subject to a Kangaroo Court that was Chaired by JB O'Hagan, who was Provisional IRA Quarter Master (and other roles) and later a Sinn Fein candidate for the NI Assembly elections in 1983. The conclusion of the Kangaroo Court was that I was to remain silent and Michael Lynagh would be moved to Dublin. Aidan is now more than three years clean and is a successful author after writing his first book, Euphoric Recall. He began attending recovery meetings in his 20s to become sober. LL: I’ve heard writers say that one of the problems with memoir is that readers often act as if they are entitled to every detail of your life and ask all sorts of questions about topics not covered in the book—and I hope my last question didn’t fall into that category. Have you been able to establish comfortable boundaries in any live events you’ve had? Lara Lillibridge: Sharing personal stories is an essential part of many people’s recovery processes. Why did you feel it was important to write down your story and share it with the world, in addition to speaking at meetings? Was the written form important to you?

Aidan Martin - Good Things Take Time (Official Music Video) Aidan Martin - Good Things Take Time (Official Music Video)

Please, please, please read this book you will not regret it!!. I truly hope this becomes part of the high school syllabus (National 5 in Scotland) as there are so many lessons to be learned and discussions to be had that could lead to better communication and understanding for our younger generations.

Blog Archive

Aiden, who graduated from the college a number of years ago, read from his widely acclaimed book ‘Euphoric Recall’ and described his personal experience of addiction. His mum, Shirley, shared her personal reflections on living through that time. Many of us write with a certain reader in mind. Were you writing for the reluctant addict? Society as a whole? AM: Male support is paramount for me. I grew up in a culture where males were encouraged to tear each other apart and compete to violent extremes. As much as I love the lads I grew up with most of us took drugs together as well. So to have healthy relationships with other males in recovery has been extremely important for me.

Science Quantitative Analysis of Culture Using Millions of - Science

Typing these words now, as my children run around playing, is the first time I have ever put these experiences into words. The truth is it ruptures my soul to revisit what my little brother had to go through.” In some ways, the book brings to mind Matt Haig's Reasons to Stay Alive for me. Just as I'd recommend any mental health professional should read Haig's book, I think anyone (at all) working with people with addictions issues should read Martin's. These stories and experiences are so important for both empathy and recovery, and can aid people's understanding of themselves and each other in a way that statistics alone can never achieve. About the Book: Euphoric Recall is a raw, honest tale about addiction, recovery, and growing up on the rough streets of Livingston. AM: As an unknown author I always knew it was going to be a massive challenge to get published or to even get noticed! That being said I had complete faith in the book. I wouldn’t compromise on my belief that it had to be the right match. A partnership. As soon as I saw Guts Publishing, I just knew in my gut (excuse the pun) that they were the one for me. AM: Yes! I am already four chapters into a Scottish mystery novel set in the early 2000’s. It is based around the dying trance scene. It looks at a very specific time for lads in Scotland who had nothing else to live for but drugs and music. It is based in West Lothian (the county I grew up in) and is character driven. I realized there is no need to create characters out of thin air when I grew up with so many vibrant, edgy people.Sinn Fein/Provisional IRA in Monaghan Town, protected many child-rapists within their ranks. One of the most prolific child rapists was Michael Lynagh, who was Jim Lynagh's older brother by 3-years. LL: Thanks for the clarification! There were several points in the book that teared me up. One of which was—I’m going to try to say this without spoilers—when your sponsor John walked into the hospital. I guess I was crying out of relief that this time, things might go better for you. Can you talk about the importance of male support in recovery? The book and it's contents are a very rare mix of honesty, brutality, many forms of abuse, mental health crisis, suicide, addiction but also of insight, hope, positivity and the various stages of recovery. AM: Airy-fairy means even though I believe in a Higher Power I’m not suffering from delusions of grandeur or anything. I’ve not got my head in the clouds or suffer from being a fantasist about it. I hope that makes sense. I just believe something greater is at work, guiding and protecting me.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop