Perimenopause Power: Navigating your hormones on the journey to menopause

Perimenopause Power: Navigating your hormones on the journey to menopause

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I started my periods when I was 10, and so while I'm only in my mid 30s now, I really wouldn't be surprised if I started perimenopause early too - based on what I've learned about perimenopause recently (and what I've unlearned because what I thought I knew isn't true) I may already be experiencing it. Hill also challenges a lot of historical and sexist language (and attitudes) that continue to pervade and permeate through our society. Na het lezen van De Cyclus strategie begon ik al met het bijhouden van mijn menstruatiecyclus. Mijn agenda er naar inplannen gaat me nog wat te ver maar het gewoon dagelijks even noteren helpt me al zo veel vooruit. Op de één of andere manier is mijn cyclus ook regelmatiger geworden. Wat gaat dat worden na het lezen van dit boek ;)?

Perimenopause is a window of opportunity for Maisie Hill: ‘Perimenopause is a window of opportunity for

Perimenopause Power is here to change finally, this is a book for women experiencing perimenopause and menopause who want to understand what's going on with their bodies and how to deal with troublesome symptoms, but also gain valuable insights into making menopause a positive and powerful experience--yes, it's possible! Good idea, I think. We can just take it easy until perimenopause ends. “How long is that, anyway?” I asked. Perimenopause Power was such an important and inspirational book that it led to me and a colleague delivering a training session about menopause, where my colleague felt empowered to share her personal experiences - something she had previously felt ashamed to talk about. The book itself is a MUST read for anyone with a uterus and or 'female' reproductive organs. While Maisie Hill herself states that there are some limitations in the information portrayed within the book, from an inclusive perspective, she does try to make the information as inclusive as possible. Everyone should read this book. If you are a woman (or not a cisgendered man), or if you love any women and want to understand what they have to endure, you should read this book.Ik heb dit boek als vervolg op de cyclus strategie gelezen en ik vond het minder nuttig dan dat eerste boek. The average age of the menopause is 51 years. However, perimenopause or menopausal transition occurs in the years before periods stop so is usually from the 40s into the early 50s.

perimenopause: ‘I was overwhelmed and full of rage Surviving perimenopause: ‘I was overwhelmed and full of rage

There was a hitch in this: WHI had been looking at what the hormones did in women aged 50 to 79. The aim was to figure out if this type of hormone treatment could help protect these women from heart disease and other illnesses. It was not about short-term hormone therapy for treatment of symptoms in women in their 40s and 50s. But many midlife women heard only “cancer” and went off HRT immediately. Sifting through all the advice is hard, especially because it can seem to change with every new headline. In her history of hormones, Aroused, Randi Hutter Epstein writes: “Those of us old enough to be in menopause can’t help but wonder if the experts are going to change their minds again.” Three quarters of women experience significant symptoms during the perimenopause, yet there is little in the way of evidence based information available. Many of the symptoms experienced during perimenopause are a result of decreasing hormone levels. A lower level of oestrogen is the main change, but progesterone and testosterone also play a part. Irregular periods It's interesting and probably a book I needed 5 years ago when I started my peri-menopause journey. There's a lot that explained my health journey and would have made me feel like I was going a little less crazy. It's only now I'm starting to learn that peri-menopause is more than scatty periods and hot flushes.Hill herself says that many of us dismiss the idea of the menopause as something that will “happen in our fifties”, but knowledge is power, and understanding your body and its hormones can pay dividends when the perimenopause (the lead up to the menopause), starts. “The average age of menopause in the UK is 51, and it’s sometimes called a second puberty,” Hill says. Second puberty? All the more reason to understand it ahead of time. Menopause is actually just a single day Most women begin to experience the symptoms of perimenopause naturally in their mid 40s, with an average age of 47 years. The book is full of useful information, and while the thought of menopause might fill you with dread, knowledge really is power. Typically, perimenopause starts and we don’t even know it. “Often, production of progesterone tapers down first so you get a shorter cycle and might have fertility issues, premature spotting and insomnia,” explains Hill. “And because oestrogen and progesterone are two hormones on a see-saw, when progesterone drops, oestrogen goes up.” When oestrogen rises, rage and irritability become common, as well as bloating, breast tenderness and brain fog. You can also suffer painful joints, vaginal dryness, problems with memory and verbal recall, forgetfulness and other changes in cognition and mood, most of which occur towards the end of perimenopause, when your period is about to stop for good. “Hormones affect everything, and because you have such low levels of oestrogen, it can affect a lot of things,” says Hill. It’s often misunderstood – even by healthcare professionals

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop