Orient RA-AA0002L Men's Kamasu Stainless Steel Blue Bezel Blue Dial Automatic Dive Watch, Self-winding,Dive Watch

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Orient RA-AA0002L Men's Kamasu Stainless Steel Blue Bezel Blue Dial Automatic Dive Watch, Self-winding,Dive Watch

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

All these features combine to give it 200m or 20bar of water resistance making it perfectly capable of going for a swim. Well needless to say, I absolutely love this watch. So much so that it has actually taken over my Orient Defender II as my go to daily watch, the one that I grab whenever I can’t or don’t have time to decide on what to wear. The dial refresh really did it for me and has caused my diver collection to expand beyond what I had originally limited it to. The most intriguing characteristic of the blue dial is its sunburst pattern. It is functional, uncluttered, clean and visually pleasing. Readability in a glance is warranted, same is valid for day and date. Dimensions: Hard to tell in the picture, but my SKX007K2 is wider at 43mm, although it appears shorter lug to lug. the SKX is a smidge taller, and the short L2L makes it wear "fat". Winner: Orient Kamasu. Again this is the same bezel design as the Gen 1 Kamasu so existing owners wouldn’t be seeing any upgrade in this area. The only change here is that the Gen 2 now sports a two tone colour bezel as compared to the single tone colour on the Gen 1. My bezel, while not off, does line up ever so slightly to the left of the marker. I have seen others that do line up perfectly though.

These are regular editions, which differ in dial and bezel color and watch bends. A limited-edition RA-AA0007A09A completes the Orient Kamasu family. If someone is looking for an entry watch, he will not be disappointed pulling the trigger on a Kamasu. Now that we're acquainted with all three series in general, it's time to move onto the centerpiece of the article: the battle of their three individual representatives for the title of the budget-friendly deep dive watches.While the case is identical to the original, they have changed up the finishing a tiny bit. Instead of a dual finished brushed top with polished sides, it now sports a brushed top, brushed sides and a polished edge in between. While not at the level of the higher end Orient Stars, the polished edge does add a little bit of refinement over the previous model. My movement keeps +1 or 0 maybe +2 a day but if I position it at night correctly I can get 0 or +1 oddly enough the beat error on phone mic tomography shows it as being near 2.0 but it’s hard to trust a phone app. The newer kamasu watches with the faded dial look good but for me the Red or the green sunburst all day. It comes equipped with either steel or rubber watch band. Both provide comfortable and secure wear in both everyday and diving use. Of course, there are also additional ones available, this Super-O Boyer, among others.

This lovely watch is undoubtedly one of the reasons behind the Orient Kamasu series rising popularity. And, for a good reason. For the price even pre-discount, you get a reputable brand with decades of watch making experience, incredible build quality and finishing for the price, a sapphire glass crystal and a proven in-house movement. I’d be hard pressed to find a better value than this. While I don’t religiously record the performance of the movement on a daily basis, I’ve spent enough time with enough of these to tell you that the 40 hour power reserve is about there and that I get a pretty good accuracy of between +6 to +12spd across the board on these movements. The sapphire crystal fits exactly into the case, everything sits secure and tight. The crystal does not line up precisely with the case. They don’t sell them in the UK so I got mine from Japan for 210 pounds but the extra money and made in Japan with the Kanji days if defiantly worth it.

Left : Kamasu AA0005B19A with Super-J Louis Diamond-like Carbon, Right : Orient Kamasu AA0002L19 on Goma BOR Watch Band You've got broad and lumed indexes complimenting the handset, which reminds me of those divers of the 1960s from Cimier, Longines, Iaxa, Rotary (to name just some). Decision points: When originally looking for a Ray replacement, I was considering the Triton/Neptune, the Ray II, the Kamasu and the Kanno. The Ray II got ruled out because my dad has my original Ray and I didn't want just the upgraded movement. The Kanno got ruled out on case size over 43mm, so it was down to the Triton/Neptune or the Kamasu. I REALLY like the Triton/Neptune, but I was looking for a desk diver/beater. The Neptune's height meant it'd difficult with shirt cuffs (I have similar height divers and its a pain with long sleeves. Kamasu it was!

Godzilla has type 1 magnetic resistance and is waterproof certified for 200m diving. It originally comes with a Polyurethane watch band. We have a previous Citizen Godzilla Watch Review, which you may interested to read too. To me the blue dial looked the best in whatever lighting. Depending on the light and its angle the dial color changes from silverblue to dark blue. Readability in whatsoever lighting is ensured. The lume used throughout is all in matching green. While it may not be the same luminescent formula, Orient could have fooled me into thinking I was looking at a Seiko with C3 at first glance. Longevity is acceptable with the lume, and although it's not going to win any lume wars, it is miles better than many other, lesser watches you could find at this price point. The lettering on the dial is quite unobtrusive. There`s the Orient emblem applied/printed at 12 and in very tiny letters you read "Automatic" (cursive, white), "Water Resistant 20 bar" at 6. There exists a small space in the world of mechanical watches, a space that is occupied by only a handful of brands that are able to deliver solid build quality from a reputable manufacturer at a reasonable cost. Orient is one of those few brands, and the Kamasu expertly exemplifies those abilities. These are the important elements that really matter, and this is how a watch can earn its “cred”, not from shady marketing or murky sourcing. The Kamasu reminds all of us cynics of one thing: sometimes you can believe the hype. About the author

When I first got the watch I was very worried about afters ales parts as they don’t exist but now when mine goes bad I can just get a replacement movement but keep the Kanji date wheel. The Kamasu wears very comfortably on my 6.25” wrist much the same way the Mako and Ray did but somewhat nicer. I believe it’s due to the lug design on the Kamasu that gives it a slightly more spread out feel compared to the Mako/Ray. It looks and feels a little bit more refined as well. Fibaly orient is selling this caliber aftermarket as the S. Epson YN56A the movements are the same size and are interchangeable with the nh35/36 but they are made in Japan and cost less, even If you don’t do anything you don’t need to wind it. Dial/hands/bezel/glass: SKX has a marginally more legible dial, but the indices are misaligned. Lume is even. Bezel on the SKX also misaligned and has slop. No such on the Kamasu. Hands are a toss up. SKX has mineral glass, Kamasu sapphire. Winner: Orient Kamasu by a score of 2 wins (bezel and glass), and 3 draws. The SKX legibility still only warrants a draw due to persistent alignment issues. It comes in 4 designs, 3 standard models in grey, blue-green and blue gradation dials and a 2000pc limited edition burgundy dial in a copper plated case. The 3 standard models come on a metal bracelet while the limited edition comes on a vintage style leather strap.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop