Amouage Epic Man Eau de Parfum, 100 ml

Amouage Epic Man Eau de Parfum, 100 ml

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Woody-orientals exude opulence. The two signatures are extremely complementary, enhancing each other's aromas. The head of this perfume includes cardamom, saffron, caraway, nutmeg, mace, incense and blueberry. These follow through with heart notes of geranium and myrrh. As these float away, they uncover the base of sandalwood, leather, incense, agarwood, musk, patchouli and cedar. (Patchouli, Pogostemon cablin, is a flowering plant closely related to mint. Its smell is often described as intoxicating.) Amouage Fragrances: Price UK Produced by Amouage, Epic Man is a niche composition mixed from high quality ingredients and catering for the customer who wants to wear something out of the ordinary. It has been available in stores since 2009. Artisanal parfums, such as this one, have become extremely popular over the past few decades. Production is small-scale. The goal is not to distribute as many as possible but instead to offer something new and unique. Many of them focus on a single note like vanilla or epitomise the vibe of a certain place, like Mallorca or an environment, like a gin-and-tonic in an upscale club. A Symphony for the Nose This fragrance projects strongly and has nearly eternal longevity. When I first got a 50 NO bottle of Epic Man (available from Amouage botiques, mostly, although sometimes the small bottles turn up at other retailers), I was certain I'd never use it all. It was too strong, too intense. Yet I just bought a second bottle because the first ran out. Of course, much of the time I am in Dubai, where what might, diplomatically, be termed "stronger" scents are more tolerated by people generally and where the high heat and omnipresent air conditioning do create a scent-crushing effect that makes fragrance bombs more wearable. Nonetheless, used carefully, you may find that this fragrance is more versatile than you might think after a first exposure. But today, I am in unseasonably cold early spring Chicago and snow is forecast for later. This type of day, where the cold is made worse because you're not quite acclimated to it at the moment, is when my Western nose most appreciates Epic Man.

Epic is a strong scent for a strong man, best worn with a camel-hair, 3/4 length coat in the winter. However, it would work just as well, sailing the ocean blue on a 50' yacht with a white shirt and Sperry Topsiders. By the way, for those folks who have complained about reformulated, diminished Amouage products, the new bottle (magnetic cap, product of Oman) smells identical to, and performs just like, my old Geralt never felt more connected to nature than when "Epic" surrounded him, and the impression of the power of the forest being within him inspired him anew each time. Geralt preferred to wear his Epic in autumn and winter, but found it quite suitable for spring and cooler summer days as well. He also found that it suited his age well, Geralt being over 100 years old, thank mutation. For mere mortals, however, he found that this scent aura would be suitable for people over 30. Not that he planned on ever sharing his tincture with anyone... I can't wear it all the time myself. But it is my first choice when I need a certain appearance for a professional appointment or event. Here the scent works like an amplifier or catalyst, which emphasizes exactly the required property in me. One simply knows that the scent is perceived extremely strongly. This can polarize, and should be so. For everything else there is then the boss bottled of this world. But for me, it is the "melodic" bridge in the heart notes where a cooling minty and green geranium pops up to provide just a brief respite before smokey myrrh notes signal the renewing storm that blows me away. When I have dared to spray Epic Man in high heat, the geranium's appearance is most noticable.

Reviews

For me Epic is a mixture of slightly creamy and peppery incense, which has a wonderful leather base in front of it. The top note can deter the first nose, but develops on the skin after about half an hour to an hour to this addictive mix for me. The further course is actually rather linear. I don't perceive any extreme heart to base transformation. It only becomes softer and softer over time and - as I said - creamier for my nose. One should not expect any compliments from young ladies from this fragrance. The composition is simply too alien to the western noses for that. Performance: yes, that's one of those things. I cannot understand the partly high valuations, at least not with regard to the Sillage. Where other fragrances can easily manage to take over my office for the rest of the day within an hour, nothing remains of the epic man. Nothing I find disappointing about the price point of an Amouagen. Interesting however, the durability. Cause it's on my skin for a casual eight hours plus. In this respect, it is a fragrance for connoisseurs who enjoy being enveloped in a very close scent cloud all day long. However, Orientals are very often shown to their advantage very differently with different wearers, which is why I would absolutely recommend a skin test to everyone. Please do not misunderstand the heading. Epic Man doesn't suddenly turn an introverted boy into a man bursting with self-confidence. But on the right days, it can have a reinforcing effect.

It still tingles my nostrils, long after the dry-down. Sillage is big; bigger than arms-length. Projection is very strong for the first few hours, and while it does settle down, it continues to rise up off of the skin. The base is a dirty, animalic leathery incense/oud affair that at once recalls and mostly surpasses the monster fragrances of the 1970s and early 1980s. Again, it probably shouldn't work as well as it all does. I don't see an age limit for Amouage Epic Man. From my point of view, it is a fragrance that fits especially on charismatics. The good thing about this true potion was that it radiated enough into the immediate surroundings to create two uses. His opponents in battle were usually infatuated long enough for Geralt to gain an advantage. However, women were not averse to Geralt either, not least because of his fragrant aura, which was due to "Epic". Although Geralt's facial expression was often motionless, as usual with sorcerers, he is - contrary to the usual insinuations - anything but insensitive; he loved the sorceress Yennefer von Vengerberg. And she had complimented Geralt on Epic not only once, and Yennefer had to know what made a good scent, after all, she was a famous mage and therefore familiar with elixirs by profession alone. She herself used the scent of lilac and gooseberry as perfume, which Geralt liked very much. But this was another story... Amouage have been known to imitate French style. God knows they have made a few ten-course perfumes. Epic man is their five course meal. It is the perfect middle ground between opulent and edited.The opening here, on my skin, is all about spice souk levels of colliding smells. There is a bit of fruity sweetness at the very first, but that element is submerged under a kaleidoscope of spice. Yet somehow the blending works to create a coherent whole. After a few minutes, resins, wood and a leathery component join the pink pepper and give the fragrance a much more masculine and steadfast character. The fragrance is especially by the resins and I guess also some myrrh now clearly further developed. As it progresses, more spices join in and round out the perfume elegantly. Particularly out I smell saffron, which is basically a spice of class and geranium, which gives the fragrance a slightly mystical aura. If there is real Oud in this juice, it bears no resemblance to the Oud I get with Malle The Night or Oud Assam. Indeed, the leather and Cedar play more important roles here. And while Civet isn't named, there is a similarity wafting. I can see why some might akin this to tangy, body odor, which, for me, is not a bad thing, especially if it's connected to a lover.

Epic" - what does that actually mean? For many, it is certainly a synonym for "awesome" or "crass", especially when something is long and extravagant. Yet "epic" has become known in this meaning especially in youth language, especially in connection with "epic fail". In 2011, the term even reached second place in the election of the "Youth Word of the Year". Especially in the "gamer community" often used, for example, when it comes to epic battles or battles. There are also - quite simply - "epic games", which often means long, well-told and profound stories within a game. And here we approach the actual meaning of "epic" - namely "narrative, telling, reporting", i.e. a text form which belongs to the literary genre of epic and thus represents one of the three major categories of literature alongside poetry and drama. "Lyric Man" there is already known by Amouage; "Dramatic Man" would be but also a great name for a fragrance.

From the outset, Amouage Epic Man captivates with the smell of pink pepper. Pink pepper is, in my view, an absolutely first-class, but unfortunately far too rarely used fragrance note. I particularly like the combination of sweetness and the peppery spiciness at the same time. Both in one works in my opinion attractive, but elegant and steadfast at the same time.

What is Epic man for a scent? Well, from the beginning he cannot (and will not) deny his Arab roots. But if in the past oriental perfumes either left me helpless or beamed me away by their opulence, this Amouage representative is a completely different caliber. Not using heavy ingredients from various sultanates, but finely woven structures that reveal a high level of craftsmanship.Even the choral top notes tell you that there is an emphasis on bass: amber, frankincense, oud, tea. Tea? In a smart twist, Amouage do in fact include a tea-like note in Epic Man. It's the perfect modifier to the five course perfume, it enhances the smoky and aromatic qualities of the other basenotes without adding additional weight, or, stretching the analogy, a few more courses.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop