Jura Journey Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

Jura Journey Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70cl

RRP: £56.25
Price: £28.125
£28.125 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

It is not the same wonderful taste at all, I cannot now sip it neat over ice, it appears to me to be sharp and raw with a rough edge. Inspired by our history and our island home, our whiskies reflect the unwavering passion and tenacity of the islanders, so it tastes distinctively better because it matters more to those who make it.

Aged in American white oak and a combination of 6 different types of French oak (Vosges, Bertranges, Jupilles, Allier, Troncais and Limousin if you are interested? It has the subtle smoke characteristic of Jura's excellent Island single malts, with robust vanilla and an intense kick of sherried sweetness underneath.As though someone has taken the flavour concentrate of a Highland whisky and added it to some colouring and a very immature light yellow whisky. Whisky connoisseurs often appreciate the individuality and specific characteristics of single malts from a particular distillery whilst others may appreciate the artistry and complexity that can result from blending different single malts to create a balanced flavor profile. Jura whisky is available in a variety of single malts and vatted malts and Jura Superstition is a personal favourite amongst the staff here at Hard To Find Whisky.

It may not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without Wm Morrisons Supermarkets Limited prior consent, nor without due acknowledgement. To be eligible for a full refund you must contact us to inform us of any issue within 24 hours of receipt. In the event of any safety concerns or for any other information about a product please carefully read any instructions provided on the label or packaging and contact the manufacturer. This may affect factors including the product style and allergen information, and we would advise that you always check the label and not solely rely on the information presented here.

Found a bottle of the old 10 in my dad's cupboard and I prefer the newer version as the tastes are kind of more separated, whereas the old was molded into one. Not sure if anyone else got it but this unmistakable tropical fruit/mango finish with a hint of pepper. This single malt Island whisky was matured for 19 years in a single ex-Bourbon hogshead, and offers attractive aromas and flavours of shortbread, lemon, and caramel. The perception that single malt whisky is “better” is subjective, however, it does have the reputation for being the highest quality and is usually more expensive than other whisky. It is not my favourite Jura; and I find it needed a considerable quantity of both ice and water for me to find it drinkable with any pleasure.

Jura is Norse for “deer island” and on the Hebridean island of Jura the red deer outnumber the human residents by about thirty to one.

A single malt expression was launched in 1974, and the range grew steadily over the years, In 2018, Jura went through a considerable revamp, and introduced a new range of whiskies with a lightly smoky character. After maturing in mainly American oak ex-bourbon barrels, the whisky is decanted into Jura’s iconic bottle – with its broad shoulders and rounded edges originally designed to withstand rough sea journeys. Blended malt whisky is a combination of single malts from different distilleries whilst a single malt whisky is produced at just one. Sweet and balanced on the palate without smoke for me, and on the finish a delightful apple, with crumble.

Each time you indulge in a pour, you're sharing a dram with the islanders who played a role in crafting it. The result is a 14 year old expression boasting layered spice, aromatic, herbal, and floral qualities. Fabulous 14-year-old single malt from Jura, this expression was matured in a selection of American white oak, bourbon, and American rye whiskey barrels. The Jura 18 Year Old single malt has been matured in American white oak barrels, and is enriched by time spent in French oak wine casks from a Premier Grand Cru Classe Bordeaux producer. Explore an array of rich and warm toasted flavours inspired by the winding single road revealing the rugged beauty of Jura.Winding through lush countryside and tracing the shores, it truly is a beautifully scenic route to our distillery. It really does take a while due to the ever changing flavours which start off full of fruit but then settle into a deeper, pepper taste which compliments the fruit perfectly. Made by a tiny island community, on an island where the 200 residents are outnumbered by some 5,000 deer, Jura distillery makes a surprisingly light whisky - expertly balancing the sweet and the smoky. While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it to be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging and label prior to use.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop