The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101 delicious everyday recipes to revolutionise your gut health

£12.5
FREE Shipping

The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101 delicious everyday recipes to revolutionise your gut health

RRP: £25.00
Price: £12.5
£12.5 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

In The Kitchen Prescription , gastroenterologist Dr Saliha Mahmood Ahmed draws on her love of good food and her expertise in gut health to create 101 recipes that are easy to make, incredibly delicious to eat and will effortlessly keep your gut and digestion in tip-top condition. Global food security might be an issue for your fresh salad and vegetables, but, says Dimbleby: “Sadly the planet is going to be able to produce enough calories to keep enough people sick for a long time to come. We live in a country well-suited to producing fresh food: rich pastures for our animals, fertile soils for our crops. I learnt to cook from my grandmothers, great aunts, aunts and my mother, who all cook so passionately and wonderfully.

The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER Book The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER Book

Dr Saliha Mahmood Ahmed is a Gastroenterology Doctor, winner of MasterChef 2017 and author of Foodology and Khazana, which won the Observer Food Monthly Best Cookbook of the Year 2019. Although the burger and chips give an immediate sense of comfort, Mahmood-Ahmed tries to tell her patients that they actually do very little for long-term sustenance. I have always loved eating good food, which meant that I had to learn to cook good food from an early age!Eating well doesn’t need to be dull food and deprivation – it should be eating a wonderfully varied, vibrant and exciting range of foods. The corresponding figure is in the teens in Spain, Italy and France – although they are arguably on the same trajectory, just a little bit behind us. As an NHS gastroenterologist, Dr Saliha Mahmood-Ahmed has spent her career working against the standard American diet and trying to educate patients about how to eat healthily.

The Kitchen Prescription: 101 delicious everyday recipes to The Kitchen Prescription: 101 delicious everyday recipes to

The results of a study published this week suggest that eating too many fried snacks could make you depressed. Haldane, now the chief executive of the Royal Society of Arts, said more than a century of progress on health and wellbeing was going into reverse, with a direct impact on the economy and the cost of living crisis. I wrote my second book, Foodology, in 2021 and the tagline is, ‘a food lovers guide to finding digestive health and happiness’.My copy arrived yesterday so today was Masala Cottage Pie (gorgeous) and I'm already putting together a menu for the rest of the week. Her dual credentials as a doctor and chef – she won MasterChef in 2017 – mean she’s in a position to educate and guide people back towards a diet that is healthy and also tasty. If you’re attempting to make a change in your own eating patterns, Mahmood-Ahmed cautions taking up a restrictive diet, in favour of eating a lot of whole foods.

The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101

When you are part of a strong, well-connected team, something magical happens as these special relationships translate into everyone wanting to provide the best possible care to patients. I have always been drawn to hospital environments because you work alongside the best kind of people who become more than colleagues.During the 45 minute session with Saliha, you will take her through your fridge and she will suggest ways to improve what is in there for optimum gut health. The former chief economist of the Bank of England, Andy Haldane, warned in November last year that the worsening health of the British people is holding back economic growth for the first time since the Industrial Revolution. I think it is brilliant that the Trust is making a conscious effort to produce healthy and nutritious food for staff on a budget. The books featured on this site are aimed primarily at readers aged 13 or above and therefore you must be 13 years or over to sign up to our newsletter. This campaign taught me that food poverty is very real, and it affects people from all different strata of society, including our staff.

The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101 The Kitchen Prescription: THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER: 101

Once you have some staple herbs and spices in the cupboard, tins of beans and basic ingredients, the recipes can be adapted for whatever vegetables are in season. We’ve seen with the Covid vaccine that side-effects for a few people lead to a negative reputation, which means people who really need them don’t take them. In this country, 85 per cent of the portfolios of the processed food companies are products that the World Health Organisation says are too unhealthy to market to children,” says Dimbleby. The consequences in the US are already dire; 70 per cent of the population is overweight or obese, and 40 per cent have metabolic syndrome, which means they suffer from obesity, bad cholesterol or elevated blood sugar. The first takes us back to the Industrial Revolution and the severing of Britons from our food culture.Read about how we’ll protect and use your data in our Privacy Notice. Third parties use cookies for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalised ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop