Killer

Killer

RRP: £4.99
Price: £2.495
£2.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Melody Maker 1st week July 1972 talks about the band being in the mansion in Conn. Evonne is current snake. It mentions the Wembley show as being that week and the 15th July issue has a review/article about it. May 20th 1972 Fayetteville, NC, Cumberland Coutry Memorial Arena (w/ Blue Oyster Cult, Chambers Brothers ) [ Lumberton Robesinian May 12th has Preview and a review] (Rolling Stone Show Itinery) - 'Killer' Still hovering around the mid-40s at #43. Boston Globe listing April 28th states 'Sold Out' which could explain why I can't find any local adverts.] Billboard 22 April lists Todd Rungren opening this show along with other Alice Cooper shows we know he didn't play. The dates and venues are also not exactly correct. [Review in Boston Herald May 2nd]- 'Be My Lover' still at #49. 'Killer' at #45. who we confrinted for smoking WERE students here. Granted there were some "townies" there, including a thirteen year old boy walking around with a joint, and a sixteen year old girl flipped out on acid. Some "unknown" student had given her a can of beer laced with acid, unknown to her, and she spent the rest of the night in tears, frightened to death."

It's a triumphant tribute to one of the most influential Alice albums and the Cooper Band days. Kudos to Pale Wizard Records on what apparently is the first of such releases 8/10" - Musipedia of Metal

David Bowie

At the end of the 'Killer' tour, the band were presented with gold discs by Warner Bros executive vice president Joe Smith in Burbank California. Unfortunately, the 'Killer' discs hadn't arrived from the manufacturing plant so if you look carefully at pictures of the presentation, you can see that the discs are for Hendrix's 'Rainbow Bridge' album. Under My Wheels" was released in advance on the album. The second single,"Be My Lover" features the iconic line, "She asked why the singer's name was Alice/ I said, 'Listen baby, you really wouldn't understand.'" Killer" is Alice Cooper and his band's artistic peak. There were many promises made with "Love it to Death", the group's previous lp. It included the great "Eighteen" and the delightfully bizarre "Ballad of Dwight Frye". T HE EDITED PRESS RELEASE: “ Alice Cooper was unstoppable during the 1970s, when the band released four consecutive platinum albums and five Top 40 hits like I’m Eighteen, School’s Out, No More Mr. Nice Guy and Elected. Now Rhino has reissued two of those platinum albums — Killer (1971) and School’s Out (1972) — with newly remastered sound, rare recordings, and previously unreleased live performances. A previously unreleased live version of “Be My Lover” from the upcoming School’s Out (Deluxe Edition) is available today digitally. Listen here and below.

Alice Cooper’s concert in Miami on May 27, 1972, adds even more unreleased music to the collection. The show was recorded a few weeks before the band entered the studio to record School’s Out. The live performance features standout versions of “Halo Of Flies,” “School’s Out,” and “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,” a song that gives Cooper a chance to show off his impressive harmonica skills. Gordon:We moved from watching the world to being the center of the world. It was all coming so fast. We did two albums that year, plus maybe 150 dates. So it was pretty much a blur. But it was a great blur. The dream was coming true. Now they'd finally tasted success—a Top 40 album and single, better gigs, a little more beer money. Ezrin: We rehearsed that thing for days to get all the pieces to fit and when we finally were able to get all the way through it from top to bottom, we looked at each other and gave ourselves a cheer. A horn part on'Under My Wheels?!'

Cooper:The very first time we heard him say, "Let's put horns on 'Under My Wheels,'" we all kind of went "Whoa, whoa, whoa. We don't use horns." Dec 3rd 1971 New Orleans, LA, Municipal Auditorium (w/ Dr John) [Billboard tour listings above][Listng in New Orleans Times Picayune November 28th] Confirmed in Ann Arbor Sun (Nov 26th-Dec 9th 1971 issue) listings.

Hollywood Notes: Alice Cooper wound up a triumphant national tour with a gold record presentation at Warner Bros. in Burbank. The whole group, including pet boa Cochina, gathered in the office of Executive VP Joe Smith for the official photo session, only to learn that the gold plaques for Killer hadn't arrived from the plant. So if you ever run across a picture of the presentation, look real hard and you'll see what they grabbed as the last minute, from a pile of gold plates in an adjoining room: Jimi Hendrix's Rainbow Bridge . . " Alice Cooper was unstoppable during the 1970s when the band released four consecutive platinum albums and five Top 40 hits like “I’m Eighteen,” “School’s Out,” “No More Mr. Nice Guy,” and “Elected.” Rhino will reissue two of those platinum albums – Killer (1971) and School’s Out (1972) – with newly remastered sound, rare recordings, and previously unreleased live performances.

Follow Us

Nov 23rd 1971 Reports suggest that after travelling on the same plane as the John Mayall band, the guys attended a Mayall show at the Fountain Street Church in Grand Rapids, MI. Ezrin:Once we'd done "Under My Wheels," I sort of knew that I had a good record, that I was covered. When 'Be My Lover' came in, there wasno question in my head. Jan 28th 1972 A Gymnasium likely Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke (or Salem), VA (Staying at the Roanoke Holiday Inn - Rolling Stone article mentions they are there the day before new Jersey "Roanoke was not like the deadly follies they'd see in New Jersey the next night." and later "this theater being the Passaic Capitol Theater in New Jersey" so the date is right. It also mentions that Baltimore is the night after Passaic so it all fits. Also a couple of eye-witnesses on the net who suggest Roanoke Civic Center but maybe Salem Civic Center which is close by.

Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge. June 27th 1972 The band arrive in London just as the 'School's Out' album is released in the US. - An advert exists for a show in Harrisburg, PA on this date but it is incorrect and didn't happen. May 19th 1972 Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, TN (w/ Blue Oyster Cult, Chambers Brothers) (Rolling Stone Show Itinery) April 1972 Academy Of Music, New York, NY(Listing in Billboard) - Apparently this didn't take place according to eye witness. see March 11th

Tracklist

Alice Cooper’s concert in Miami on May 27, 1972, adds even more unreleased music to the collection. The show was recorded a few weeks before the band entered the studio to record School’s Out . The live performance features standout versions of “Halo Of Flies,” “School’s Out,” and “Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,” a song that gives Cooper a chance to show off his impressive harmonica skills. Dunaway:I would dream about music. And after we rehearsed, we'd go up to the house and end up in Michael Bruce's room with acoustic guitars. The writing of 2'Killer' singles As with 'Love It To Death' the exact release date is a little fuzzy. The generally accepted date is November 27th, however that can't be correct. For a start November 27th 1971 was a Saturday, and albums in the US were released on Tuesdays. Secondly the issue of Billboard dated November 27th already shows it "bubbling under" the top 200 at #203 (it entered the main charts the following week at #83) so it must have been on sale earlier. The Billboard chart shows sales data collected 11 days before the cover date and covers the week before. That puts 'Killer' as being released on Tuesday November 9th 1971 at the latest. Feb 11th 1972 Seattle, WA, Seattle Center Arena (w/ Earthquake) [Also listing in Seattle Daily Times February 6th and other minor mentions. Support mentioned February 11th. Promoted by Concerts West][In a "review" the Seattle Daily Times February 20th mentions shows at the Paramount Northwest Theater and that they have played "twice this year". This would actually be July 9th and 10th 1971, but the show described in the review is the 'Killer' Show.]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop