Meantime: The gripping debut crime novel from Frankie Boyle

Meantime: The gripping debut crime novel from Frankie Boyle

RRP: £14.99
Price: £7.495
£7.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Louise Griffin (31 July 2022). "Frankie Boyle hits out at 'garbled nonsense' after claims he made Holly Willoughby rape joke". Metro. Wyatt, Daisy (7 March 2013). " 'I wish the Queen had died': Offensive Frankie Boyle jokes cut from BBC Comic Relief broadcast". The Independent. London . Retrieved 8 April 2013. The main twist was learning about Felix's history, and I wish we'd heard a bit more about this story, perhaps in conversation with Jane? I would have liked more time to learn about him and his past in depth. The same goes for Jane and Amy - I feel that their characters were rushed off the scene to wrap things up, and so this is why I'm giving 4 stars.

novel from Frankie Boyle Meantime: The gripping debut crime novel from Frankie Boyle

It’s not really the crime fiction I thought it was. It’s really quite surreal to be honest as it follows the main character in Felix as he investigate ps the death of a friend. a b c d Dugdale, John (28 November 2022). "Mystery, tension, suspense — the reads for thrill-seekers". The Times . Retrieved 31 December 2022.Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!” - Billy Connolly

Frankie Boyle | Hachette UK Meantime by Frankie Boyle | Hachette UK

The comedian Frankie Boyle is the latest in a rash of television personalities trying their hand at crime fiction; but, as you might expect from somebody who titled one of his tours I Would Happily Punch Every One of You in the Face, Boyle is not joining his fellow celebs at the cosy end of the crime spectrum. There are no sleuthing pensioners or vicars here: our amateur detective/narrator is Felix McAveety, a Glaswegian junkie. MacDonald, Stuart (6 November 2020). "Frankie Boyle says 'long Covid' has left him with lung problems for months". Daily Record . Retrieved 29 December 2020. Frankie Boyle Live DVD (Media notes). Brian Klein. Channel 4. {{ cite AV media notes}}: CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) ( link) Without spoiling too much, in the final few chapters of MEANTIME, Frankie writes about grief and regret in a way that absolutely crushed me. I had tears in my eyes on more than a few occasions. To have the ability to convey feelings the way he did either suggests maybe his own past trauma or an incredibly special talent to relate to that level of loss on that deep of a level.I have a suspicion that there will be a strong correlation between people's attitude towards Frankie Boyle in general and their opinion of this book. The author can be something of a Marmite character and I suspect readers may react in a similar way to this novel. I'd give it 7/10 if I was able. I'd say I enjoyed slightly over two thirds but the other third appeared to simply be a manual on what drugs to take and when and what they did to our protagonist. It jumps about and trails away, in ebbs and flows, which keep you engaged without having to pay too much attention. I enjoyed the entire story and liked the characters of Felix, Jane, Donnie, and Amy very much. I wish we'd had a bit more information about Amy earlier on, though reading to the end revealed an important plot point as to why this couldn't happen.

Meantime by Frankie Boyle | Goodreads

Frankie Boyle". Frankie Boyle. Archived from the original on 17 December 2011 . Retrieved 16 December 2011.

The mystery that underpins this crime novel is solid enough, but I can't help thinking that its role is secondary and it is essentially only a vehicle for the author to air his thoughts - both comedic and socio-political. In many respects "Meantime" does come across as one long Frankie Boyle stand-up routine. For that reason, I found that I had to break this down into digestible portions ... Listening to Frankie Boyle for an hour or so is fine, but a stand-up routine of six hours or more is probably a bit more than I could cope with in one hit. Boyle appeared as himself in the video game Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned (2009), in a stand-up routine at Liberty City's Split Sides Comedy Club. He appeared on Real Radio Wales's weekly comedy show Comedy Nighthorse on 19 October 2011. Give her a state funeral because a lot of people will want to pay their respects and lot more people will want proof that she's really dead. It will be the first time the 21-gun salute shoots the coffin." [17]

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop