Lady's Well: A DCI Ryan Mystery (The DCI Ryan Mysteries Book 20)

£9.9
FREE Shipping

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The Bookseller magazine has reported on Louise having topped the ‘Most Read’ and ‘Most Sold’ fiction charts, and she has garnered an army of loyal fans who love her atmospheric and addictive storytelling. There were several long and very didactic paragraphs about (supposedly) the characters opinions on these topics. The banter between Ryan and Frank as well as Franks forced dieting adds some great humor with the case gripping the reader and have them trying to solve it before they do. When the ancient waters of Lady’s Well in the rural village of Holystone begin to run red, it seems to be a nasty Hallowe’en prank and nothing more. I found Ross's writing irritating at times, and I'm not sure if it's because I am unfamiliar with the series and its idiosyncrasies, but there were a few things that grated on me, personally.

The Cove" (the first book in her new Summer Suspense Mysteries series) was released in 2021 and followed up by "The Creek" in 2022. One of the reasons why I have been invested in this series from the start and will carry on reading it is the two loveable crime fighting duo, Ryan and Frank. DCI Ryan’s North East Ever thought of retracing the footsteps of DCI Ryan and DS Phillips in the North East of England?As always, there was an excellent mystery with many red herrings along the way before the solution was revealed.

He was belligerent, bellicose, and totally contrary, but did someone dislike him to the point they would want to kill him? Louise is a keen philanthropist, and is pleased to have supported numerous non-profit programmes in addition to founding several of her own, including the Lindisfarne Reading Challenge and the Lindisfarne Prize for Debut Crime Fiction. With another death, which could be suicide, the team have got to work hard and quickly to get to the bottom of just what is going on. I would have liked to hear more about the Well, the village of Holystone, The ancient Pagan and Christian past, and the surrounding landscape.It makes you want to visit Northumberland and immerse yourself in the world described so well by the author. Along with other readers, I have fallen head over heels for these two characters as there is a definite bromance between the two. They seem to be used for such different purposes and, again, they broke my focus because they were so unnecessary and confusing.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop