OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter - Black

OXO Good Grips Cherry & Olive Pitter - Black

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Classic DesignIf you're looking for a cherry pitter that's more basic in design, this model is your best bet.

Now that you have a beautiful pile of pitted cherries, what amazing recipe creation are you going to make with them? Here are some ideas: For fans of fresh, home-baked cherry pie, we’ve got some good news and some bad news. The good news is we’ve got a plethora of absolutely amazing fresh cherry recipes. The bad news is that you’ve got to pit all those cherries before you can enjoy them.Freeze your cherries. Once they are pitted, make sure you learn how to freeze cherries to keep them on hand all year long.

No cherry pitter is going to be 100% accurate. But some are much better than others. It depends on what your needs are and how detrimental a missed pit will be. Of course, cherry pits can pose a choking hazard, so avoiding swallowing them is probably a good idea. Young children have smaller bodies, so they are more susceptible to cyanide poisoning. So definitely teach your kids to spit out the cherry pits as well as other stone fruit seeds. Or just use a cherry pitter to serve them pit-free cherries.

Tabletop style multiple cherry pitters have you placing the cherry in the machine and pressing down on the top of the unit, punching down on the cherry to pit it. They are more ergonomic and don’t fatigue your hand as much as the handheld kind. And they often will pit more than one cherry at a time. But they take up more storage space, require some extra counter space to use, and are slightly more expensive than handheld squeezing pitters, though they cost less than a hopper-style pitter. Our team of nutritionists, recipe developers, food content creators, and home cooking experts are here to help you feel like a kitchen hero! What about bulk cherry pitter machines? Honestly, I haven’t found a model that I love. If you use one that you recommend, let me know in the comments! I find that for most cherries, the slightly heavier 50mm paper clips work best. Smaller, thinner clips can be prone to bending with the weight of the pit.

Tip: Cherry juices can stain porous surfaces (such as wood and unsealed marble), as well as your fingertips. Be mindful of this when working with any of these techniques. I often wear kitchen gloves for easy cleanup.Every year, I look forward to cherry season. The fleeting weeks that cherries are in season means I buy pounds and pounds of them, more than I can eat by themselves. And because my eyes are always bigger than my stomach, I often have bags of cherries that I need to use before they go bad. This cherry pitter is designed to be user-friendly. For example, it has a suction base that will securely attach to any non-porous surface. You will be left with a machine that stays put, no matter how vigorously you pit. However, you will not need to use a lot of pressure to get the job done. The plunger effortlessly removes pits, making it a good tool for people with limited mobility. This is a hand-held pitter that is made of die-cast zinc. As a result, it is sturdy yet also comfortable to use. The soft, non-slip handles have been designed to absorb excess pressure. For instance, you will be able to pit many cherries in a row without cramping.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop