Hatful of Hollow

Hatful of Hollow

RRP: £4.99
Price: £2.495
£2.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Reel Around the Fountain" has duller-sounding drums and acoustic guitars than the version on The Smiths. The bass is more prominent, but the piano and organ parts are not included. It is also in a higher key than the version on The Smiths.

Hatful of Hollow Class T-Shirt: Silky and soft "Triblend" single jersey.The Smiths 'Hatful of Hollow' T-Shirt. 1983 photo taken by Gilles Decroix for Liberation french magazine of a While this isn't necessarily an album but more of a compilation, it still feels like an album. Hatful of Hollow consists of some of the best songs The Smiths made. Every. Song. Is. Good. Especially 'How Soon Is Now?'

Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. " Hatful of Hollow – The Smiths". AllMusic . Retrieved 25 September 2015. Fletcher, T, 2012. A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of the Smiths. 1st ed. U.K.: Random House. p. 355. Cavanagh, D, 1993. Irreproachable: The Smiths: the very best of British?. Q Magazine, 1 December 1993. Me gusta muchooo como suena pero en la mayoría de temas siento que le falta peso(el bajo suena muy delgado) sin embargo los temas “acústicos” suenan realmente hermosos, otro detalle sería que aveces siento que la voz suena muy bajita pero en general me gusta mucho.

On “Girl Afraid”, for example, Stevie perfectly retells the feeling of awkwardness, desperateness, and timidity that flail about in the teenage mind during a seemingly innocuous encounter in a basement, of all places. He also has a supreme talent of hitting on both the male and female perspectives, especially in said song. Stevie’s sexual ambiguousness, both in his media personality and in his lyrics, allowed the listener to mould the song to their own liking and interpret it however they saw fit. Some saw “Reel Around the Fountain” as nothing more than an harmless love song, others saw it as a bestial telling of paedophilia. Some listeners interpreted “These Things Take Time” as an innocent retelling of a friendly drunken afternoon – others interpreted as a ghastly abomination detailing unrequited homosexual love. Hatful of Hollow reached No. 7 on the UK Albums Chart, remaining on the chart for 46 weeks. [12] In 2000, Q magazine placed the album at No. 44 on its list of the "100 Greatest British Albums Ever". Hatful of Hollow also features the band's debut single, " Hand in Glove", and their two most recent singles prior to the album's release, " Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and " William, It Was Really Nothing", along with their respective B-sides, "Girl Afraid", " How Soon Is Now?" and " Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want". British album certifications – The Smiths – Hatful of Hollow". British Phonographic Industry . Retrieved 5 August 2023.

Wolk, Douglas (18 November 2011). "The Smiths: The Smiths Complete". Pitchfork . Retrieved 25 September 2015. What Difference Does It Make?" has heavier and more natural-sounding guitars than the version on The Smiths. It is also in a higher key than the version on The Smiths.

For Jensen on 25 August, 1983 (broadcast 5 September): " Accept Yourself", "I Don't Owe You Anything", "Pretty Girls Make Graves", "Reel Around the Fountain" Attempting to do this album justice is simply not possible. Every song on the album is a flawless testament to the genius of one of the oddest pairs in pop music history. Morrissey and Marr bounced off each other in a way they have never been able to match since. Listen to Hatful of Hollow and you will hear two of the best minds in pop music at work. For David Jensen on 26 June 1983 (broadcast 4 July): " These Things Take Time", " You've Got Everything Now", "Wonderful Woman"For John Peel on 18 May 1983 (broadcast 31 May): " Handsome Devil", " Reel Around the Fountain", "Miserable Lie", " What Difference Does It Make?" (all four songs were later released as the Peel Sessions EP) Power, Tony (October 2004). "The Smiths: Hatful of Hollow". Blender. Vol.3, no.8. Archived from the original on 30 June 2006 . Retrieved 25 January 2022. My only gripe is that the disc came in a paper sleeve, which meant it was scuffed and a bit dirty. A dry brush helped though and there are no audible or other defects. THE IMPOTENCE OF ERNEST" is etched into the runout groove of side A. As well as being a pun on Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, it is an allusion to the impotence that Ernest Hemingway suffered in his final years. "Ian (EIRE)", etched on side B, refers to Marr's younger brother. News" (PDF). Record Mirror. 20 October 1984. p.6. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 January 2022 . Retrieved 1 July 2022. The Smiths release a bargain price special album on November 2. 'Hatful Of Hollow'

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop