How to Starve Cancer

How to Starve Cancer

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

McLelland underwent surgery to remove the tumor in her lung, and she endured six months of chemo (at a much lower dose than that recommended by her oncologist). But this time, she also employed a strategy to starve the cancer’s stem cells.

I recognized that Life Extension was ahead of its time. It was providing information that nobody else seemed to be providing, and piecing together research and reporting on it before anybody else did,” said McLelland. “ Life Extension really was instrumental in helping me survive.” My mother’s cancer was a huge wake-up call to me to re-evaluate the situation I’d found myself in. For the first time ever, I realized I was only one step away from terminal cancer,” McLelland said. “That’s when I started looking at diet and supplementation in more detail as a way to combat cancer.” After intensive research, McLelland concluded that all of these drugs would starve the cancer from different angles: dipyridamole cut off cancer’s access to protein, metformin cut off access to glucose, and the statin cut off access to fat. Once the cancer cells were in their weakened state, the addition of etodolac could help finish them off.However, McLelland cautions that there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Her own experience with her various forms of cancer highlight that fact. Instead, McLelland’s approach focuses on learning which fuel sources your particular cancer uses—and then creating a targeted treatment plan based on that information. McLelland had repeatedly been told that diet had no impact on cancer, but the fact that her lung tumor had remained the size of a golf ball—and the fact that there were no tumors in other locations in her body—proved to her that the dietary changes she had already made were making a difference. Another key, off-label drug McLelland learned about from reading Life Extension was the diabetes drug, metformin. Metformin is critical for starving cancer because it cuts off cancer’s supply to glucose and insulin, and reduces IGF-1. Glucose and glutamine are critical nutrients indispensable for cancer cell growth. Li Wang, Jing-jing Li, et al Jane McLelland – How to starve cancer Common in breast, ovarian, endometrial. Other cancers maybe oestrogen positive such as gastric, NSCLC, colon and liver but this is less common and you would need to test to be sure

McLelland believed she had finally found out how to beat her cancer once and for all. And her test results proved her right. Blood tests revealed that her TM2PK tumor markers (a marker of abnormal glycolysis) had dropped from 397 to 21.5—just slightly above a “normal” reading of 15. Now, 18 years later, after suffering from cervical cancer, secondary lung cancer, and treatment-related myelodysplasia, she is alive, well, and cancer-free. Today I have an interview with my friend and 15-year holistic terminal cancer survivor Jane McLelland, author of How to Starve Cancer.

Working Together

But McLelland refused to go down without a fight. Taking matters into her own hands, she dug through medical journals, poring over long-forgotten research and overlooked evidence, looking for clues to overcoming her cancer.

McLelland was reluctant about writing her book, but she felt she had a duty to share with the world what she had discovered—and what had saved her life. Use short term. Concurrent use of a statin and Dipyridamole mitigates cardio effects and enhances efficacy. The first big gun was a cardiovascular drug called dipyridamole, which stops protein from getting into the cancer cell, a key factor in starving leukemia, according to McLelland. Jane is a long-term survivor of stage IV cancer. She is a former Chartered Physiotherapist who worked in the NHS and in private practice for 12 years. She is an award-winning author of How to Starve Cancer in which she describes her journey through cancer and her battle with infertility. She is best known for her Metro Map, a simple diagram of the complexity of cancer metabolism and for bringing the new approach of ferroptosis to the public.Her diet and numerous supplements were already helping on that front—particularly berberine, hydroxycitrate, gymnema, curcumin, niacin, and pycnogenol—all of which were inhibiting key pathways that are abnormal in cancer. She also underwent treatment with high-dose intravenous vitamin C. According to doctors and cancer statistics, she should have lived only about 12 weeks after receiving her diagnosis of stage IV cancer. Throughout this time (from 1994 until 2004), Jane battled two aggressive cancers with metastatic spread, both were classed as ‘terminal’. In the early stages of her research, McLelland first learned that glucose feeds most cancers and that IGF-1 (an insulin-like growth factor hormone found in high levels in dairy and meat) also helped to drive its growth. Jane McLelland McLelland was reluctant about writing her book, but she felt she had a duty to share with the world what she had discovered—and what had saved her life.

McLelland discovered that there were numerous drugs on the market designed for other purposes (like heart disease or infections) that could go beyond diet and supplements to effectively cut off cancer’s various fuel lines. These drugs are considered “off-label,” since they were developed for conditions other than cancer.The Metro Map is the key to starving the cancer. Once you’ve done that, killing it becomes much easier,” said McLelland. All of these drugs are cheap and off-patent, which is why they have largely been ignored by the pharmaceutical industry, despite research supporting their effectiveness against cancer,” said McLelland. Years later, she also discovered the anti-cancer effects of the antibiotic doxycycline (which slows the creation of new cancer cells) and of the anti-worming drug mebendazole (which stops the cancer cells from being able to take on more glucose).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop