The Hurricane Wars: The epic new enemies to lovers romantasy, packed with passion, adventure and magic: Book 1

£9.495
FREE Shipping

The Hurricane Wars: The epic new enemies to lovers romantasy, packed with passion, adventure and magic: Book 1

RRP: £18.99
Price: £9.495
£9.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Nowadays every romantasy seems like fanfiction of S. J. Maas and JLA, we need only to read the titles to know what is coming: bad boy is not bad, the FMC turns out to be an overpowered Mary Sue, the MMCs are some variation of our favorite batboys, vampires and daddy Niktos, . This apparently bothers absolutely no one, unless we change the fanfic to Reylo and StarWars. Natasha Bardon, Publishing Director says: ‘I’m so thrilled that I get to work with Thea, Thao and Julia. Thea has built an incredible new world for fans to get lost in and The Hurricane Wars is everything I love about Fantasy. I’m excited to watch this fresh, bold and exciting new talent make waves in a genre where HarperVoyager continues to break incredible debut voices.’ It was all Talasyn could do to dodge and to parry as Alaric drove her across the ice floes, his injured subordinate forgotten. Each dark barrier dissipated as they passed through it, as if he were banishing them—but to what end? Perhaps he took some sadistic joy in drawing this out, in playing with her as a cat would play with a mouse. She would never know and she wasn’t about to try to ask him. I struggled with how to rate this book, because while I absolutely loved it, I really did struggle with the first 40-50% of the story. However, I t I am so sad about DNFing because this was one of my most anticipated reads of the year. I gave it my best shot but unfortunately, I couldn't force myself to continue the story. And look, I LOVE romantasy, wartime stories, and enemies to lovers. This should have been my cup of tea. But sadly, it fell short in every way possible.

i would say that people who thought this was boring in the first 25% — it does end up getting better, but not enough to waste time on, imo. Talasyn is your typical stubborn, author self-insert, ~Strong Female Character~ suffering from lots of trauma. Alaric is also your typical broody, shadow daddy suffering from mommy and daddy issues. So, really, there's nothing new here. This war can only end with them. But an even greater danger is coming, and the strange magic they can create together could be the only way to overcome it. Talasyn and Alaric must decide… are they fated to join hands, or destroy each other? You have to learn the rules of the game, and then you have to play better than anyone else." -Albert Einstein I probably would not be so hard on the romance if this book was not advertised heavily as THE enemies to lovers book. I think this will please romantasy fans who are used to a certain pace and plot structure (SJM books, A Broken Blade, From Blood and Ash, etc) but is not really suitable for anyone looking for a quality fantasy story OR a well-paced 'Zutara' 'Delena' style E2l romance.And as an Asian-American from Maritime Southeast Asia, I appreciate the little tidbits scattered throughout the story! (ex. soy "pudding", ikan, etc.) The two main characters are perfect, they are well built, very vivid, real and full of feelings! The double POV allows us to enter the mind of each of them and allows us to understand and appreciate them even more. So let's just get this out of the way first- this is a Reylo fanfiction with the serial numbers filed off. Fanfiction getting published is starting to be quite a trend, and it's fantastic news for fanfic folks. I am beginning to realize that these books do not work for me. Talasyn e Alaric hanno una chimica pazzesca! Entrambi vengono da un infanzia difficile e piena di traumi e entrambi combattono nelle Hurrican Wars per ragioni differenti e quando i loro mondi entrano in contrasto tutto inizia a trovare il proprio posto!

I physically could not stop reading! Mark my words: lives will be changed by The Hurricane Wars.” — ALI HAZELWOOD, New York Times bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis I would also like to mention that had I known this was a converted Reylo fanfic, I would not have requested it. When I read The Love Hypothesis and realized how familiar it felt, I remembered that the fanfic was better. I wonder if that is also the case here.

This item contains adult content

The world building is impressive, especially for her first published book. It was a little overwhelming at first so I ended up getting the Kindle ebook to follow along with while listening to the audiobook. I have a hard time envisioning characters and the setting unless I know how names of characters and places are spelled, otherwise I get distracted thinking of the different possible spellings when I should be paying attention to the story haha The characters change their opinion of each other as soon as it becomes convenient, but those feelings are far from earned.

Posso considerarmi veramente privilegiato per aver letto questo capolavoro 6 mesi prima della sua data di uscita! Ringrazio subito Netgalley, HarperVoyager Uk e Thea Guanzon per avermi permesso di leggere questo ARC! For a wartime fantasy story, it felt way too lighthearted. From the dialogue to the overall tone, I didn't feel the gritty, dark wartime vibes I expected. The most impactful thing that happened was Talasyn's friend's death at the beginning but after that, I never felt a single emotion. The slow burn between Talasyn and Alaric is heart wrenching, infuriating, and everything I wanted from this book. I can’t wait to see how their story unfolds. There's a lot of instances where the author panders to the reader. Talasyn has big 'Chosen One' energy, so whenever she starts to get closer to discovering more about her past, she has moments where she's like "something inside me was being pulled....but no matter" to signify it's obviously very important but instead of listening to her gut she ignores it. The same thing happens whenever she's around Alaric. I was constantly rolling my eyes whenever this happened, and it occurred quite a lot. Basically, you can expect no plot twists here because the author gives you so many clues ahead of time. I would like to thank HarperCollins UK, HarperFiction, HarperVoyager and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Recommended For You

The fates of two bitter enemies with opposing magical abilities are swept together in The Hurricane Wars, the spellbinding debut in a fantasy romance trilogy set in a Southeast Asia–inspired world ravaged by storms, perfect for fans of Fourth Wing and A Court of Thorns and Roses I can't believe this is only the first book in a trrilogy, because it feels like so much happened already in Book 1! I can't wait to see where the story goes in the next two sequels, and I hope we get even more angst and badass-ery from Talasyn and Alaric.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop