The Jewel Garden

The Jewel Garden

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This was wonderful—their rather candid account of how the loss of their first home and business led to their wonderful, garden-centric home and business now. I have grown vegetables since I was a small child and growing our own vegetables, herbs and fruit has always been an essential ingredient in the lives of Sarah and I. All day I filmed amongst the seeds, knowing that I was not well, knowing that this was not good, knowing that if I let go, I might never put the pieces back together again.

The Jewel Garden - Monty Don; Sarah Don: 9780340826720 - AbeBooks The Jewel Garden - Monty Don; Sarah Don: 9780340826720 - AbeBooks

He looks just enough rough on the edges to make him interesting, but he can touch a flower like it were a lady's cheek, and when he speaks, ah when he speaks, and says something like, "and look at the lovely lush, blushing pink of this dahlia.She shuddered as she put away the freshly laundered clothes directly into the Don’s William IV mahogany wardrobe. Monty Don's gardening programme is essential viewing in my household where his every utterance is treated with reverence. Monty explains how, 25 years ago, he set about transforming an “empty field” into the garden we know and love today. Monty Don has always been candid about the garden's role in helping him to pull back from the abyss of depression; The Jewel Garden elaborates on this much further.

Monty Don Longmeadow — Monty Don

It is also the season of fruitfulness with the orchard providing over 50 different varieties of apples and the vegetable garden offering its final rich summer harvest. The Cottage garden spent the first 20 years of its existence as a dedicated vegetable garden, conveniently near the kitchen and supplying the family with all our fresh produce. Monty Don, presenter of Gardeners' World and the face of British gardening, and his wife Sarah tell the magical story of the garden they built at Longmeadow.In his weekly column for the "Observer", Monty Don has always been candid about the garden's role in helping him to pull back from the abyss of depression; "The Jewel Garden" elaborates on this much further. The Jewel garden really hits its stride in August and September despite the shortening days because the nights are warm and dahlias, bananas, zinnias, tithonia, sunflowers, helianthus, nicotiana and cosmos are flowering exuberantly. He became a household name mainly through the BBC series Gardener’s World; though he went on to star in a number of BBC gardening-related shows (the Brits love their gardens).

The Jewel Garden By Monty Don | Used | 9780340826720 - Wob

Our fundamental horticultural belief is that you should never force or cajole a plant of any kind, edible or decorative, if it doesn’t want to be there. A greenhouse had fallen down after 20 odd years in one part of the garden so when we cleared it away and found we had a new and empty part of the garden I decided to make my own Paradise Garden based upon the influences I had seen across the Islamic world. I was very drawn in by the story of failure and resilience, and enjoyed seeing it from both sides of the marital partnership.I equate it with what would happen to me if I were not allowed to read books for several months out of the year.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop