Serpent's Point: Book 26 in the DI Wesley Peterson crime series

Serpent's Point: Book 26 in the DI Wesley Peterson crime series

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

As always such a treat to revisit the characters who are now, after 26 books in the series, cosily familiar. Despite his interest in archaeology Wesley took the decision to join the police force, although he still retains his interest in archaeology and also his friendship with Neil. You could easily slip into this series with Serpent's Point because Ellis does a good job of supplying enough backstory to answer questions without bogging down the plot. Although I recommend starting at the beginning, I can see where doing that with a (so far) twenty-six-volume series could be daunting. I've been a devoted fan of this series since the first book, and by this time, the entire cast has become family.

I wouldn't say this story gripped and intrigued me as much as some of the others but still a solid, very readable instalment. Of course the width and breadth of this evil only becomes evident after the team begins investigation of one death near a very busy location where a Regency script is being acted and filmed.The three have been good friends since their university days, and it doesn't take much for Pam to realize that she chose the right man: ". This is extremely difficult to do because author Kate Ellis is one of the best at supplying some first-class misdirection. She worked in teaching, marketing and accountancy before first enjoying writing success as a winner of the North West Playwrights competition.

In Serpent's Point, readers follow along with Wesley and Neil in the present day, but they're also treated to the journal entries of wannabe famous archaeologist Dr. The woman had been house-sitting at Serpent's Point and Wesley is surprised to discover that she was conducting an investigation into unsolved missing persons cases.Another totally absorbing murder mystery in South Devon featuring Wesley Peterson and "pals" doing what they do best in their own ways. There were a few other little leaps of logic in the book which also jarred slightly and could very easily have been smoothed out.

The woman had been house-sitting at Serpent's Point and Wesley is surprised to discover that she was conducting an investigation into unsolved missing person cases. Then we move forward five years to the discovery of the dead body of a woman probably in her early thirties lying on a costal path. Such a gripping tale that, as well as Wesley and Gerry being in Devon, where their the first murder takes place, takes us to The Cotswolds and Yorkshire on the track of a what they now know is a serial killer. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. The book starts with the friend of a woman getting married at the courthouse without family or friends attending.

There were elements in the story as I read that seemed familiar but it still felt as if I hadn’t read the book. As in every book of this series, there's a parallel story involving Wesley's archaeologist friend Neil Watson, who's excavating a possible Roman site near the scene of Susan's murder. I was checking this blog and learned that I hadn't read one from 2011 so I'll be getting to that eventually but right now I have a shelf full of books from the library.Susan is sure that her friend Avril's husband, Ian, is up to no good but Avril doesn't want to hear it. Meanwhile Neil, Wesley's friend from his days as an anthropology student, is excited to find what looks like the remains of a Roman village and we learn, through letters, that this is not a new discovery. Lovely to be with old friends, again, even if it was only for a few days and thank you to Kate Ellis being able to transport me there. Susan was quite attractive and empathetic and, at one point, had an admirer who she thought of as a stalker. Whether you've read the whole series, or are discovering Kate Ellis's DI Wesley Peterson novels for the first time, this is the perfect page-turner if you love reading Ann Cleeves and Elly Griffiths.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop