Noodle Head

Noodle Head

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Pattern: Pepin Tote pattern (available in PDF and paper), this pattern is made up of just a few rectangles! So you can cut directly with your rotary cutter/ruler (save time and paper!) or make templates if you wish. Starting today I’m having my 12thannual sale on all mysewing patternsand leather in my shop! Yayyyyy!

Fabrics: Riverbend Big Sur Canvas for the exterior (this one is called Ocean, but the color is more of a dark blue/green) and Riverbend Essex for the lining This post is available now to make the sew-along accessible to anyone who needs it. Even though the sew-along isn’t currently happening, you can still follow along at whatever pace you need, whenever you need it! Links to the Sew-along Handles: Leather handles (you’ll want the 28″ set) OR the (1″-wide) cotton webbing in lots of great colors! I used the Rustic leather on this one! This pattern is delivered as 4 PDF files (instructions, print-at-home, print-at-home assembly guide, and A0 file). Recommended Fabrics: Canvas (7-9 oz. weight) for ExteriorThis PDF pattern contains a combination of pattern pieces (printed templates) and rotary cutting instructions/measurements (metric & imperial) for a few rectangles, printable label sheet for keeping organized (inches and cm), and includes detailed step-by-step instructions with professional illustrations.

Oh, and I almost forgot that with this print (since it’s a one-way directional print), that I had to put a seam in the bottom of the tote. Not too difficult if you find yourself in a similar situation with whatever fabric design you use. Recommended Fabrics: Mid-weight Canvas (6-8 oz. weight), cotton twill, OR dry oilskin/waxed twill for exterior and accent fabrics. Quilting cotton for lining. If you’re new to bag making, I hope you give Big Sur Canvas a try. It comes in so many great solids (51)! And now you can also find my designs overprinted on it as well! Exciting!!! Riverbend Big Sur is made up of 8 of my designs, and it’s pretty easy to pair them with the Riverbend Essex for the linings. I made three out of the various prints, paired with a few solids for the bases. But there are so many possibilities to try! Before this pattern, I had made a tote that I used all the time on road trips and whenever I needed to bring along something bigger than would fit in my daily bag that I carry. So that tote evolved into the Pepin Tote pattern! And yes, if you’re wondering, it’s named after Lake Pepin (my Dad grew up near there). Pattern Matching

Become a Member

full-size pattern sheet for all non-rectangular pieces, and rotary cutting instructions/measurements for rectangular pattern pieces (just cut and sew, no need to cut out pattern pieces) Handles: Leather handles (you’ll want the 28″ set) or the (1″-wide) cotton webbing in lots of great colors! fat quarter – 18″ x 22″ cotton canvas for lining (I use an unbleached 9 oz. weight cotton canvas from my local Joanns, it’s perfect for showcasing all your pretty pencils and pens!)

PLEASE NOTE: this pattern is written for fixed-length zippers (not zipper by the yard, if using zipper by the yard please add 1.5" to the length of each designated zipper) Repeat 1-4 to attach remaining exterior panel and lining panel to remaining zipper side. This time placing zipper pull at right. Make sure your exterior panel seams match up at the same location as best you can. You’ll divide the Main Exterior in half and then add your seam allowance to that number. I almost always use a half inch, so just add that to your divided measurement for the exterior piece. And then you’ll sew that bottom seam making sure the direction of the design is facing away from the seam. Hope that helps if you decide to try it, too!

Note about materials: If you choose to substitute a different fabric type than suggested, you may need additional interfacing for desired structure. Just sayin’. Additional supplies + tools: Polyester thread, water-soluble pen/tailor’s chalk, cutting mat, ruler, rotary cutter, size 14 or 16 denim or Microtex needle, glue or glue pen, pinking shears, three rivets (or chicago screws) if using leather closure I’m not super into pattern matching (I try not to make things complicated), but when the scale of the print is large like this one, I felt like it was a prime opportunity to practice my skills! It’s not perfect, but I think it turned out just right. Directional Print rotary cutting instructions/measurements for all pattern pieces (just cut the rectangles using measurements listed and sew - no need to cut out pattern pieces) With assembled exterior panel right side up, center zipper right side facing down (zipper pull at left) along top edge. Pin in place.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop