Transitional: In One Way or Another, We All Transition

Transitional: In One Way or Another, We All Transition

RRP: £16.99
Price: £8.495
£8.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

a b Jones, Owen; Perraudin, Frances (11 June 2019). "NSPCC staff condemn decision to cut ties with trans activist". The Guardian . Retrieved 19 January 2022.

Set stylist: Killian Fallon. Set stylist assistant: Harriet Thirzah. Seamstress: Su Haines. Hair: Mikai McDermott using L’Oréal Paris. Makeup: Bianca Spencer. Nails: Jessica Thompson. Photograph: Hollie Fernando/The Guardian

About the contributors

a b Humairah Adam and Morwenna Ferrier (14 September 2017). "Model fired by L'Oreal for remarks on racism will be face of rival campaign". The Guardian . Retrieved 20 September 2017. a b Lu, Fei (6 March 2018). "Munroe Bergdorf Targeted Over Past Homophobic Tweets". Paper . Retrieved 24 June 2020.

Bergdorf grew into a sad, angst-ridden teenager. While her struggles prevented her from excelling academically, she did well enough to win a place at the University of Brighton to study English. When she left home, she says, she was reborn. Did she finally feel she belonged when she got to university? She corrects me, gently. “I felt I belonged in Brighton. I didn’t go to university for reasons of academia, I went to start a different life.” Swimming was not the only sport she excelled in. She was the school’s top high jumper and a gifted middle-distance runner. Did she take pride in her achievements? “Not really. Not when teachers are poking fun at the way you move, and calling you a nancy boy because you’re running away from the ball because you don’t want to play rugby.” a b c d Lucy Tobin (5 June 2014). "Munroe Bergdorf: 'People wouldn't go over to someone's mother and ask about their labia but they're happy to come over to a trans person and ask about their genitals' ". The London Evening Standard . Retrieved 20 September 2017. The L’Oréal incident was a turning point for Bergdorf. It came close to breaking her, but ultimately it proved her salvation. After a lifetime’s self-sabotage, she fought for herself like never before – for her career, her reputation, her life. “Until that point, I was fighting against myself, whether it was the relationships I was in, or how I was treating myself with drink and drugs. Then, when my life moved into the public eye, I was forced to level up and start fighting for myself. I was on my own side for the first time.”At the age of 13, Munroe Bergdorf was a swimming sensation. But in her memoir, she barely devotes a sentence to her feats in the pool, merely saying she swam at national level, was ranked 11th in the country and didn’t have her heart in it. That’s all. She doesn’t tell us whether she enjoyed swimming, trained hard or dreamed of competing in the Olympics. Not even her stroke of choice or distance. Now I’m curious. Fancy being so brilliant at something yet so indifferent to it that it barely merits a mention in your life story. Bergdorf is the host of the critically acclaimed podcast The Way We Are on Spotify and fronts the hit MTV show Queerpiphany. Her first film, What Makes a Woman, premiered on Channel 4 in 2018.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop