A Narrow Door: The electric psychological thriller from the Sunday Times bestseller

£10
FREE Shipping

A Narrow Door: The electric psychological thriller from the Sunday Times bestseller

RRP: £20.00
Price: £10
£10 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This is a recurring idea in my books, in which children are seldom innocent, but exist in a secret, savage world of their own. Joanne Harris has produced a masterly work of fiction, a novel which demands your attention and has you clinging to it wishing it would never end.

Rebecca begins to tell essentially her background story to Straitley and therefore us, the reader too. The third novel in the Malbry trilogy, A Narrow Door is a sequel to Gentleman and Players (2005) and Different Class (2016). We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. And if you love all of the aforementioned building blocks in a novel, I’m begging you to track down a copy of this book.However, I particularly enjoyed writing Rebecca because she is a rare example of a middle-aged woman protagonist in fiction, with all the nuance that entails.

Roy investigates and goes to the schools Headmaster Rebecca Buckfast, however the Headmaster has other plans, she decides to share her life story with Roy, spinning a tale which ensnares Roy in her spider's web. A psychological thriller about a woman’s journey to tearing down the patriarchy and solving her brother’s disappearance. Fast forward over 30 years and Rebecca Buckfast is the New new head of St Oswalds Academy, a title that has never been given to a woman in five hundred years. The only other modern book in the genre I’ve enjoyed this much was We Begin at the End, but this book had more in common with The Maidens and The Divines, both of which disappointed me last year.

But around Chapter 11 when she started banging on again about the noises in the drain, it was time for me to bail.

She tells her tale in instalments as a delaying tactic, and he, unbeknown to her, records it in a diary. Kā jau gaidīju no Džoanas Harisas - lieliska valoda un grodi savērpts stāstījums, uz vidu jau biju visai aizrāvusies. It does work as a stand-alone story, but, ideally, read the previous books first, before embarking on this one.There is such cunning and sharpness here, it's a story that totally enfolds the reader and doesn't let go until the very final line. The feminist agenda were spot on and I love every single bit of it, the layers of Rebecca's story and her past gets unfolded also makes me think if anything that had happened is real. Taking his fears to Rebecca Buckfast, Straitley is talked out of reporting his suspicions to the police by the Head’s assurance that it is very unlikely to be a real body and that she will deal with the situation herself. The thing I loved most is the title, A Narrow Door, which represents how women have to squeeze themselves into a world dominated by men.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop