At Last

At Last

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

What makes 'At Last' a great album is not only the solid hits it contains, but also the strong variety of material throughout. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our site, provide personalised content and advertising, analyse our traffic, and ensure you see more of what you love.

At Last is the Etta James album that belongs in everyone’s collection, it’s been rated by Rolling Stone as one of the Top 50 albums of all time, and though recorded back in 1961 [her first on the Chess Label], after an absence from the music scene for a few years, rocketed this brilliant woman right back to the top of the charts, where she laid out “Stormy Weather,” a jazz standard, like it had never been heard before, then flips like a pancake too hot to handle, and walks all over “I Just Want To Make Love To You,” a blues’ classic by Willie Dixon that inspired the likes of Janis Joplin, Mama Cass Eliot, and yes, even Jimi Hendrix, allowing a woman, for one of the first times in musical history, to stand toe to toe with the boys, creating a solid album of emotional classics, sung not from the heart, but from the gut, where she laces her songs with growls, airy presentations and phrasings, while never letting go of her intensity . Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. In truth, "At Last" should be seen as the potent motto of a debut LP by a vocalist who had just emerged from her beginnings as a gospel singer, and had now recorded promising single songs. Very often they are not so ethical and use every imaginable source from which to master: CDs, LPs, digital files and even MP3s. The album was released on Argo Records in November of 1960 and was produced by Phil and Leonard Chess.

The title track's swirling strings, euphoric vocals, dainty piano stabs - it all melds together to form, not only one of soul's greatest songs, but one of the most treasured and loved of any genre. eventually spawned four singles being "All I Could Do Was Cry", "Trust in Me ", "At Last ", and "My Dearest Darling".

Over the years the following engineers have been and still are working for us: Tony Hawkins, Willem Makkee, Kevin Gray, Maarten de Boer, Scott Hull, and Ray Staff, to name but a few.Another reviewer mentioned that it sounds like someone blowing on a hot mic and I suppose this is one way to describe it. It’s as though the title "At Last" is trying to dupe one into believing that Etta James had experienced all the ups and downs that life could offer her by the year 1961: performing on great stages under the influence of drugs, her exodus from the scene, appalling jobs in seedy clubs and dives, and a brilliant comeback with an earthy voice in Montreux followed by a tour of the USA with the Rolling Stones.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop