Pagano-Papismus; Or, an Exact Parallel Between Rome-Pagan and Rome-Christian, in Their Doctrines and Ceremonies

£9.9
FREE Shipping

Pagano-Papismus; Or, an Exact Parallel Between Rome-Pagan and Rome-Christian, in Their Doctrines and Ceremonies

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

First, Whether the Parish Assemblies of England generally be true visible Churches; which Mr. O. denied. Alexandr Schmemann (známý současný pravoslavný západoevropský teolog) napočítal v období od konce. 11. stol do pol. 15. stol. celkem 28 pokusů, kdy se byzantští imperátoři snažili dostat Církev do podřízenosti římským papežům. Uspěl jeden pokus - ten poslední, ale tuto unii s Římem se císař ani neodvážil v Byzanci publikovat.

Thebook of se­lected Sermons printed by James Kavinell Dominic. Sep. mages. fol. 8. p. 1. col. 2. Ans. For many yeares before their death they stood either of them in water a night up to the chin, (far from one another) till their flesh was as green as grasse. Geared for ease of installation and long term reliability in the most demanding outdoor conditions. Collect the vocabulary that you want to remember while using the dictionary. The items that you have collected will be displayed under "Vocabulary List". Secondly, The Disputants are to have liberty to revise their own Reasons, Objections, and Solutions, and to correct them by altering, adding, or expunging, so as may make for the a­mendment of their own Arguments and Answers. This liberty Dr. Reynolds and Mr. Hart allowed one another. The Disputes of Peter de Moulin with the Jesuites and other Papists in France, are too many to be brought into this Cata­logue, wherein I desire to be brief: as also those of D. Featly, our acute Countryman, both in England and in France.In the Concil. Tom. 4. p. 624. fourth tome of Councells, we find a disputation set down betwixt Pyrrbus Patriarch of Constantinople, and Maxi­mus a learned Monks; the Patriarch was a Monothelite, holding but one will in Christ; whereas Christ being God and man, and so having two natures, he must needs have two wills, one as he is God, another as he is man, for else he were not perfect God and perfect man: this two-fold will we find Luk. 22.42. Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me, never­thelesse not my will but thine be done: for this Maximus plea­ded against Pyrrbus as a Monothelite, who held that he had but one will, and that was divine; I speak the more distinctly of this heresie, because it is known to few what it is, to fewer how it is to be confuted. To the VVORSHIPFULL My much Honoured Friend, RIGHARD HOPKINS, Esq; STEWARD of the City of COVENTRY.

Tithes remounted and advanced, by Martin Bown for Tho. Bates at the Maiden­head on Snow-hill, near Hol­borne, printed 1646. in 4 to. The maintenance of the Sanctuary, for Iohn Maynard at the George in Fleetstreet, near St. Dunstans Church, printed 1642. in 4 to. Printer's name from STC. Mostly paginated with even numbers on rectos. "Puritano-papismus" (caption title) has separate pagination; register is continuous. Reproduction of the original in the Henry E. Huntington Library and Art Gallery.

CHAP. I. How some have been and are averse from, or adverse to disputations in Religion: how farre and for what reasons. Im nachreformatorischen Norden hat man überhaupt den Aberglauben als »Paganismus und Papismus« bekämpft.

Dieses wurde erst wieder möglich, nachdem die Reformation und die Renaissance die Allmacht des Papismus gebrochen hatten. If the Bishops were Popish and Antichristian, it doth not follow, that all they do is Popish and Antichristian. Ibid. Tom. 1. lib. 4. q. 2. p. 166 Quomodo statu innocentiae fae­minae generati possunt &c. Ib. q. 3. c. 2. An in statu in­nocentiae inte­gritas faeminei genitali s commixtione viri, &c. Ib. q. 4. col. 1.2. Whether in the state of innocency, the number of males and females should have been equall.There was at the City of Nice a notable disputation Niceph. Callist. Eccl. Hist. l. 8. c. 15. p. 379. be­twixt one who was a skilfull Logician and learned Philosopher, by nation a Greek, who confiding in his art and eloquence in­fulted over the orthodox Christians, but was undertaken and taken down by Spiridian an old man, who confuted and conver­ted him: about that time was Arius disputed with and confu­ted by the Council of Nice: there is question made whether Arius were at the Council or no, which is discussed by Scultetus me­dul. Patrum. p. 1. p. 467. Anno. 349. Scul­tetus, and the affirmative proved by him against them that deny it. Too bad for such as were under the Bishops Government, when one man had two Benefices, a Deanry, and an Arch-dea­conry, as D. D. of A. and some had more both in value and variety than he had. But since by the late Reformation Plurali­ties are taken away by Authority, and Ministers are now con­fined to, and contented with the Revenue of a single Incum­bency, (and some of them I am sure refused to be double­beneficed while the Law did allow them) what ground or co­lour can Mr. O. have for such an outragious Reproch? or what motive, but his own malice, and the instinct of the accuser of the Brethren, Rev. 12.10. thus all-to-be-slander them, not onely in condemning their Title to Tithes as Jewish and Popish (as before is observed) but in charging them with clasping and griping into their Clutches a fifth part of the Nations increase? Wherein

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop