Prayer Book

Prayer Book

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

O Lord, deprive me not of Thy heavenly good things. O Lord, deliver me from the eternal torments. O Lord, if I have sinned in mind or deed, forgive me. O Lord, deliver me from all ignorance, forgetfulness, faintheartedness, and stony insensibility. O Lord, deliver me from every temptation. O Lord, enlighten my heart which evil desire hath darkened. O Lord, as a man I have sinned, but do Thou, as the compassionate God, have mercy on me, seeing the infirmity of my soul. O Lord, send Thy grace to my help, that I may glorify Thy holy name. O Lord Jesus Christ, write me Thy servant in the Book of Life, and grant me a good end. O Lord my God, even though I have done nothing good in Thy sight, yet grant me by Thy grace a good beginning. O Lord, sprinkle into my heart the dew of Thy grace. O Lord of heaven earth, remember me Thy sinful servant, shameful and unclean, in Thy Kingdom, Amen. Orthodox Daily Prayers, complied by Fr. John Winfrey of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America Now that the day has ended, I praise you, Holy One, and entreat that the evening and the night be undisturbed. Grant this to me, Savior, and save me. Most glorious Ever-Virgin, Mother of Christ God, present our prayer to thy Son and our God, that through thee our souls may be saved. The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, with its headquarters located in the City of New York, is an Eparchy of the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople, The mission of the Archdiocese is to proclaim the Gospel of Christ, to teach and spread the Orthodox Christian faith, to energize, cultivate, and guide the life of the Church in the United States of America according to the Orthodox Christian faith and tradition.

Orthodox Christian Archdiocese Occasional Prayers | Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.Amen. The Anthology of Prayer or Anthologion is an Eastern Orthodox prayer book that uniquely includes a treasury of selections from the riches of Orthodox prayer and worship, including: While not necessarilythe first, one of the recognized early classic prayer books is the Prayer Book of Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville. This volume includes the complete morning and evening ‘personal’ prayers, as well as excerpts from Matins, Vespers, the people’s text of the Divine Liturgy, and Troparia for each day of the week and all the important Feast Days of the Church Year. In addition, Akathists and Canons to our Lord, the Theotokos, and the complete preparatory prayers and Canon for Holy Communion and Thanksgiving After Holy Communion are included.Orthodox Prayerbook: A Collection of Prayers in the OCA Tradition, second revised edition, prepared and published by St. Herman of Alaska Orthodox Church in Langley, British Columbia, is a modern English prayer book containing Russian-style morning and evening prayers, weekly and festal troparia and kontakia, a supplicatory service to the Theotokos, prayers before and after communion, five akathist hymns and more. The first edition is available online here.

Orthodox Prayers | Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen. The Reconstructionist movement‘s prayerbooks for weekdays, Shabbat and holidays form a matched set under one title, Kol Haneshamah (“every creature” or “all that breathes,” from the last verse of Psalms). These siddurim showcase the Reconstructionist movement’s innovative approach to liturgy–traditionalist in form, but radical in ideology. Far more is rewritten than in the Conservative siddur, though a full Hebrew text is given for every standard prayer. These siddurim are rather bulky.I will lift, up my eyes to the hills. From where comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; he who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, he who watches over Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord shall protect you; the Lord is your shelter at your right hand. The sun shall not burn you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; the Lord shall preserve your soul. The Lord shall preserve your going out and your coming in from this time forth, and forevermore. A Prayer Of Thanksgiving After rising from sleep, stand with reverence and fear of God, make the sign of the cross, and say: Grant, O Lord, remission of sins to all our fathers, brethren, and sisters that have departed before us in the faith and hope of resurrection, and make their memory to be eternal. Bow. urn:lcp:orthodoxprayerbo0000orth:epub:a421d136-cb88-4652-becd-ec418dfeef44 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier orthodoxprayerbo0000orth Identifier-ark ark:/13960/t9193n41z Invoice 1652 Isbn 0916586111 The Hours of Prayer - A Book of Devotion, prepared by Priestmonk Leonty and the Orthodox Brotherhood of the Virgin Mary of the American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese, is a modern English translation of the hours for private use by the laity. Along with the midnight office, matins, vespers, compline, 1st / 3rd / 9th hours and the Paschal hours, included are troparia and kontakia of Sundays, weekdays, feasts, Triodian and Pentecostarion, as well as the Typica service, morning and evening prayers, akathists to Our Savior and the Mother of God, and prayers before and after communion

Orthodox Christians - Greek The Synekdemos: Daily Prayers for Orthodox Christians - Greek

O Lord Almighty, God of hosts and of all flesh, Whodwelleston high andlookestdown on things that are lowly, Whosearchestthe heart and innermost being, and clearlyforeknowestthe secrets of men; Ounoriginateand everlasting Light, with Whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning: Do Thou, O Immortal King, receive our supplications which we, daring because of the multitude of Thy compassions, offer Thee at the present time from defiled lips; and forgive us our sins, in deed, word, and thought, whether committed by us knowingly or in ignorance, and cleanse us from every defilement of flesh and spirit. And grant us to pass through the night of the whole present life with watchful heart and sober thought, ever expecting the coming of the bright and appointed day of Thine Only-begotten Son, our Lord and God andSaviour, Jesus Christ, whereon the judge of all shall come with glory to reward each according to his deeds. May we not be found fallen and idle, but watching, and upright in activity, ready to accompany Him into the joy and divine palace of His glory, where there is the ceaseless sound of those that keep festival, and the unspeakable delight of those that behold the ineffable beauty of Thycountenance.For Thou art the true Light thatenlightenestandsanctifiestall, and all creation doth hymn Thee unto the ages of ages. Amen. Daily Prayer for Orthodox Christians, by Fr. N. Michael Vaporis, originally published in 1986 and recently reprinted by Holy Cross Orthodox Press (a publishing arm of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America), is a bilingual Greek/modern English prayer book containing selections from The Synekdemos, including Morning and Evening Prayers, Small Compline, the Service of Preparation for Holy Communion and Thanksgiving Following Holy Communion. Found online here.Have mercy on us, O Lord, have mercy on us; for at a loss for any defence, this prayer do we sinners offer Thee as Master; have mercy on us. Renew me, grown old from senseless sins, O most immaculate one./Present me untouched by all torments, and pray for me to the Master of all. The Book of Prayers: A selection for Orthodox Christians was first published by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia in 1993. It is a bilingual edition, providing the Greek and English in parallel. It uses contemporary though formal and dignified English. It is available in hard cover and contains Morning Prayers, Evening Prayers, Prayers at Meals, Communion Prayers, The Typika and Occasional Prayers. ISBN 0646127667 O Lord our God, inWhomwe believe, and Whose Name we invoke above every name, grant us, as we go to sleep, relaxation of soul and body, and keep us from all dreams, and dark pleasures; stop the onslaught of the passions and quench the burnings that arise in the flesh. Grant us to live chastely in deed and word, that we may obtain a virtuous life, and not fall away from thy promised blessings; for blessed art Thou forever.Amen. This particular emphasis of the monks’ work is most praiseworthy. Generally, translation of Eastern hymns seek to get the meaning across without reference to the poetic quality inherent in all Byzantine worship. The monks at Holy Transfiguration, however, often spend years refining the phrasing and clarity of the translation before publishing. This guarantees that their work will flow easily whether recited or chanted.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop