Helinox Ground Chair | Stable, Ultralight, Packable, Portable Chair for Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Moto-touring (Black)

£19.995
FREE Shipping

Helinox Ground Chair | Stable, Ultralight, Packable, Portable Chair for Backpacking, Camping, Hiking, Travel, Moto-touring (Black)

RRP: £39.99
Price: £19.995
£19.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Each year during the ISPO, 60 judges from 13 countries and 3 continents are awarding the most outstanding sports articles with an ISPO AWARD. A jury of independent professionals of the sports articles industry evaluates several hundreds of potential candidates, according to predefined criteria, including non-exhibitors.The Helinox Ground Chair has been awarded as WINNER of the 2014 ISPO Award in the Outdoor Segment, category Adventure Equipment.

Small, lightweight, sturdy, comfy! I believe it's smaller than or the same size as my old 1.5 liter Nalgene bottle I have found the chair comfortable enough for an hour or more of reading, with the occasional shift in leg position to keep the blood flowing. Because it is close to the ground, it also works well as a master chef’s seat—I like to gather my cookware all the fixings and arrange them on one side of the chair before I take my seat, so that I can proceed from ingredients to full belly in comfort and without having to rise. Then I came across the Ground Chair. It was perfect. 1lb 6oz was more like it. No sinking feet. Same comfy sling chair as the Chair One. Same good looks. Holds 320lbs!!!! I'm 200lbs but it's good to know that I can trust it in case I accidentally fall into it from weak tired exhausted legs (or tequila). A little creature comfort goes a long way. The Ground Chair offers a well-engineered mix of light weight, comfort, and functionality that make it a good choice for creatures seeking to add a little more comfort to their kit.

Conclusion

Helinox Chair Oneis 11″ off the ground, on the other hand, Ground Chairis 4.7″ off the ground. The main decisive factor to consider here would be personal height and weight. Being close to the ground, it can require a little oomph to get up, especially for a tall and rather stiff fellow like myself, but this can be accomplished with a concerted push with the hands from the middle of the sling on either side; the solid base provided by the square foundation is again an advantage in this maneuver.

The chair is rated for a weight of up to 120kg (265lb). However, it looks like it needs gentle treatment, and I would recommend that anyone who weighs that much should be careful when settling into the chair. I'm careful myself and I only weigh 80kg. The chair is lightweight after all, and a trade-off has to be made between sturdiness and portability. So, if you are heavier than 265 lb (120 kg), Chair Onewould be suitable for you. If you are not and would like to exchange a typical 4-legged chair, with an extremely lightweight option, you can go for the Ground Chair. Keep in mind that the Ground Chair has a slightly wider seat. Their height is the other difference between two chairs with Chair One is higher than the Ground Chair.If you found that the Helinox Chair One was too low to the ground for you then maybe this isn't the chair for you, it's a little lower than the Chair One. If I was buying a chair for base camp use I'd choose one of the models with longer legs. Compared to the lightest model, this chair is still a decent amount heavier. So those who are ultra-conscious about going ultralight may find the 29 ounces too heavy. We also found that the space-saving hubless pole design takes slightly more time to assemble than the hubbed pole models, but only by around 10 seconds, so we're splitting hairs here. All in all, this is the seat we'd most like to end up in at the end of a long day. But if you're looking to shave off some weight, the 2 ounce Therm-a-Rest Z Seat is the lightest in our lineup. On the other hand, it gives you a wider and comfortable seat so when you sit and stretch out your legs, you should be fine. Still, if you think you are taller and heavier for Ground Chair, you may go with the classic Chair One which also has more depth in its seat.

Definitely coming with us whenever we bike ride at the beach so we can take pitstops and get our burn on in the sand with our covert Squirt Palomas. One advantage of the Ground Chair over some of the alternatives is its square, stable base that rests more or less directly on the ground, so that it won’t sink in to soft ground more than a few centimeters. But the low angle is a plus point rather than a minus, because it allows you to sit in the chair while brewing coffee or preparing supper with your cooking gear set out on the ground. I have not found sitting up or leaning forward in this chair to be a problem. Our team defines "value" as the meeting point between performance and price. Some products have superior comfort or versatility, but do their costs justify their performance? Others may be very affordable, but does their performance lag? Please also note that since the Ground Chair is closer to the ground, it might be a little harder to get up from it.

Top 17 Product Ratings

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop