Battle Royale: The Novel

Battle Royale: The Novel

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

There have been a number of adaptations into other media which themselves have spun off sequels. These include: Edited: First to correct a typo, and second to add some commentary about the point of this book, which is from one of my posts in the discussion below: Despite all the great things mentioned, I still had some problems with the novel. The main thing would be that there were too many characters to begin with. At first I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but along the way some characters weren't even that interesting. I'm aware of them being minor characters, but I still wanted at least an in depth explanation of who they were. Some characters were forced to be explained and they ended up pretentious and annoying. The good side though was that the good characters had more attention and were developed perfectly. I am going to compare this to The Hunger Games, though not because I want to make a statement about how Collins plagiarised - she probably didn't and, even if she did, no one's going to prove it either way. Their similarities just make them good books to use for a comparison: fight to the death, teenagers, isolated arena, etc. The Hunger Games, as I'm sure you all know, focuses on Katniss and her life, the other characters - both good and bad - are seen solely through her eyes. In Battle Royale, the perspective changes frequently (I liked it but it may infuriate some) and looks at many different types of people.

Maybe they were built on the same ideas, but both novels do something very different and I appreciate them equally. My biggest criticism of Battle Royale is Shuya - the good guy. He is the weak link in a great novel. Why? Because he's so goddamn perfect. Good-looking. Popular. Talented in sports and music. Kind. Self-sacrificing. I just don't like heroes, give me someone who reeks of humanity any day over the one who seems unnaturally above it all. I had watched the BR movies years ago, but reading the novel version of it still manages to provide new insight to different subjects: human nature, freedom and survival etc.McNary, Dave (June 7, 2006). "New Line set to do 'Battle' ". Variety. Reed Business Information . Retrieved September 24, 2012. Battle Royale - a television series. It was announced in July 2012 that The CW has been considering developing the franchise into an hour-long dramatic series. Hunter, Rob (September 11, 2016). "Review: The Tournament". Film School Rejects . Retrieved December 19, 2016.

Nachdem The Hunger Games von Suzanne Collins vor einigen Jahren ein riesiger Erfolg wurde, kamen neben den Lobesstimmen auch viele Kritiken zu Tage. Hauptaussage: Der Inhalt ist komplett von Battle Royale abgekupfert. Daher wollte ich seither meine eigene Meinung bilden, hatte das Buch dann aber irgendwie aus den Augen verloren. Nun habe ich mir diese ziemlich cool aussehende Remastered Edition gegönnt, die ein sehr verstörendes Cover hat und allgemein von der Aufmachung her richtig gut aussieht. I think that is why the comparison of the two doesn't seem very valuable to me. Battle Royale obviously does more with the violence, so if that is something that is a draw to a reader, that reader will definitely prefer Battle Royale. Hunger Games does more for changing the narrative of female protagonists, so if that is a draw to a reader, as it is to me, that reader might prefer Hunger Games.In my opinion, this article points out the real difference between BR and THG: if it's rebellion you want, you’re better off seeing/reading Battle Royale. I got to be the hunter and the hunted. The person who spends all their time looking for their crush so that they can tell them they love them. The best friends hiding in the dark together and whispering about boys they like as a distraction. The betrayed and the betrayer. I know, I know, rotating through 38 POVs sounds exhausting and confusing but it was executed so well and each character was so different. I loved that I got to experience the Program through all different eyes and the experience would not have been the same if it wasn’t written this way. I got to see through the eyes of the avid hunters, the hiders, the plotters and I-don’t-want-to-kill-anyone-but-I’m-just-trying-to-survive-ers.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop