Timberdark (Wranglestone Book 2)

Timberdark (Wranglestone Book 2)

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A thrilling and thought-provoking sequel to the winner of the Waterstones Children’s Book Prize for Older Readers, WRANGLESTONE . The color of teakwood tends to darken over time with exposure to sunlight and air, giving it a rich patina. A thrilling and thought-provoking sequel to the winner of the Waterstones Children's Book Prize for Older Readers, WRANGLESTONE. PRAISE FOR WRANGLESTONE: "Fresh and compelling and totally immersive." - Sunday Irish Independent,

The wood’s coloration tends to become richer and deeper with age and exposure to light, making it an excellent option for projects that will be used and displayed over time. If you are still unsure, then we can arrange a sample can for you to try, but this won’t arrive to you before Easter, unless you live locally in the Cheltenham area. but we close at 4pm tomorrow.Don’t be tempted just to stain over it; most wood stains are translucent, meaning you will see the staining on the timber through The color and grain of teakwood make it a highly sought-after material for furniture, flooring, and other decorative applications.

Some varieties of walnut wood, such as Claro walnut, can also have a range of stunning figure patterns, including burls, crotches, and curly grain. Cooper isn't so sure. He harbours feelings from that terrible night on the lake and worse, a secret ... codename, Timberdark . That became simplified down to become a diagonal because we were only looking at a small area but we think it provides a nice counterpoint to the linear nature of the rest of the house.The wood surround was formed to house the sliding frames of the glass doors and windows. The natural color of Sapele wood is resistant to fading, ensuring that it maintains its beauty over time.The color of ebony wood is not just superficial, but runs throughout the wood, making it consistent in appearance.

The world that Charlton has created in these two books is so immersive and creative that it feels completely unique and exciting. From the safe haven of Wranglestone itself in the first book, he creates a vivid dystopian wilderness that is captivating and haunting. Timberdark sees that world expanding across new horizons that take Peter and Cooper to the closest thing they've known to civilization. Their bond is tested in authentic ways that continue to illustrate the themes established in the first installment while adding new characters, locations and even a phantasmic villain to boot. All of this feels so intrinsically Wrangletone and it really speaks to Charlton's firm grip on his particular style. Walnut wood comes from the Juglans’ genus of trees, which are native to North America, Europe, and Asia. The wood is prized for its rich, warm color and attractive grain patterns, which can vary widely depending on the species and region of origin. Depending on the style and areas, it can also be tremendously cost-effective as a solution to cladding a building. It has quite a lot going for it!" says Matt. Thrilling zombie epic meets gorgeous gay love story. The world-building is deft, the writing poetic... this is very special! Properly scary and properly heart-warming." - William Hussey, author of HIDEOUS BEAUTY,All of our products comply with the European QP1 standards and the THA or THB standards, as approved by TRADA (The Timber Research and Development Association). Sourced from various PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification) and FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accredited sources, our products are fully compliant with responsible felling methods. Why are these certifications important? Many people are aware of different types of pale wood and how they can be used to create a bright, airy, Scandi-inspired space. The wood has a light beige to golden yellow color in the sapwood and a darker brown color in the heartwood, creating a striking contrast between the two. It can be enhanced with oil-based finishes, which can deepen the color and add further protection to the wood. Dense and durable, unique color and grain, striking appearance, good dimensional stability, resists wear and tear, good acoustic properties.

Expensive, limited availability due to sustainability concerns, may require regular maintenance to preserve color and finish. Available in light, medium or heavily charred, this style gives you the freedom to choose a ‘darkness’ that perfectly captures your architectural vision, achieving that emphatic, unique and trendy burned aesthetic. The problem for me is that, in Timberdark, much of what the author does best is shunted off, leaving long periods of nothing very much at all. A little of this is enough to get the point across, I think, and I understand why there needed to be demonstrations of how soul-sapping life in town is for both Cooper and Peter, in different ways. But alongside this, I felt there needed to be 'something' going on, something to tie the story together - a rise and fall of tension, interesting plot events. While the opening is stunning, the ending felt rushed and heavy-handed, because the whole middle section of the book seemed to be wasted in directionless sketches of ideas that didn't come together.

How can I remove black stains from Oak?

A bucolic, intimate twist on the zombie/post-apocalyptic story... It's impressive how Darren has combined the pace, thrills, and gore you expect from zombie fiction with a genuinely tender romance." - David Owen, author of GRIEF ANGELS The wood’s unique grain patterns and rich color make it highly sought-after for its natural beauty. Otherwise, you will have to use Aussie Clear or Aussie Clear light to prevent UV weathering. But these are pigmented with a “transparent” pigment rather than the “opaque” pigments used in stains. These “transparent” pigments are the only effective UV protection which will drastically slow down the UV weathering process. Aussie Clear Light as the name suggests, is suitable for light coloured timbers. It will approximate wet straw. We can supply you with a sample can that you can brush out onto an offcut to see if you’re happy with it. Hi Tim, you’ve unfortunately rediscovered why linseed oil (raw or boiled) is not recommended as an exterior finish, unless very carefully formulated. It is a sapstain mould nutrient. Even then I would only recommend use on treated pine as the treatments will also assist in mould prevention. Untreated timber offers no additional treatment. As a fan of Wranglestone, I expected to enjoy Timberdark and I definitely did. I did, at times find myself slightly confused with the plotline, which wasn't hugely concerning as I am sure the author intended to confuse! Eventually, it did all make sense, but for that reason, I can't give the book 5 stars as I spent a lot of it getting myself in a muddle.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop