SHIMANO Tiagra FC-4700 Crank Set 50/34, 10-speed black 2020 Chainsets Mountain bike

£49.51
FREE Shipping

SHIMANO Tiagra FC-4700 Crank Set 50/34, 10-speed black 2020 Chainsets Mountain bike

RRP: £99.02
Price: £49.51
£49.51 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Tiagra is possibly the best-value groupset in Shimano's line-up. You're getting great performance for a fraction of the cost of the higher-end ones, with just a little extra weight.

RX600–10 and RX600–11 are the same thing as each other but with a very slightly different outer chainring (inner ring is the same). These weigh 810g and are 46–30t. Solid crank arms. If you look just above the final box under where the headline says "Verdict" you'll find 2 links to the cheapest prices we could find on the web. So in answer to your question. Yes we can, and we do already. It might even have saved you 20 seconds of your time if you'd seen it! Shimano says both 105 and Tiagra have room for tyres up to 28mm wide. However, the latest 105 R7000 brakes have slightly more drop (the distance from the mounting bolt to the brake pads) than before: 51mm v 49mm. That implies you should be able to run 30mm tyres with the right frame. Tiagra offers excellent value for money but 105 is certainly the better groupset and we’d recommend going for it if your funds allow because of the better brakes, the small weight saving and the upgrade to 11-speed.A run-down about which speed chainsets work with which speed groupsets would be very helpful for me to read. Seems for example if your bike has an 8 speed groupset (still not at all uncommon on entry level road bikes), your options for chainwheel upgrades are very limited. Is a double 9 speed chainset ok to put with a double 8 speed group? I've been told that with a double 8 speed groupset a 10 speed would have issues and 11 speed a no-go with major issues. For 8 and 9 speed chainsets, it doesn't seem there are a lot of options to chose from. With speeds having increased a lot of over time looks like there are no high spec (lightweight) 8 and 9 speed chainsets made by any manufacturers nowadays though maybe I have missed something.

The Claris front derailleur uses lots of steel and is relatively heavy at 143 grams to the Sora’s 117 grams. The newest Claris R2000 is updated compared to earlier ones being ‘long arm’ hence shifting better. So too is Sora. Tiagra just saves a few grams and has no performance benefit. There’s no advantage here. The difference in performance between old and new chainset is, I'm afraid, hard to detect. I can't tell whether the chain moves any more or less easily from one ring to the other, and I can't say I've noticed the 93g difference in weight – the old FSA chainset it replaced was 757g, compared with the Tiagra's 850g. The latest 105 chainset is 713g.

Checkout by Amazon Returns

There is no GRX RX600 derailleur — technically RX400 or RX810/RX812 will work, but the RX810 & RX812 are the ‘11-speed’ models (even though they are interchangeable between RX400, 4700 and all 11-speed road/gravel RDs. In addition, you can clearly see there the hole for the bolts smaller BCD inner chainring - which in this particular crankset has not been fitted. This is rather like a MTB triple chainset, which bolts the big/middle ring into one hole, and the small ring into a separate hole. A key difference between Shimano 105 and Tiagra chainsets is that the 150 is quite a fair bit lighter than Tiagra. So, for those riders who are keen to minimize weight, this could be a key consideration. Front Derailleur The Tiagra 4700 groupset is older and due an update, in which case it may become more attractive. The front derailleur is a different design which still works well, and the crankset is significantly heavier (though heavy cranksets are often specced on 105 bikes). In addition, the caliper braking is weaker. However, as the hydraulic brake performance is very similar between all the groupsets, hydraulic Tiagra is a more appealing prospect than its caliper counterpart.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop