TANCUDER 30 PCS Heat Shield Clips Metal Locking Star Washers Underbody Heat Shield Fasteners Engine Under Cover Bottom Splashguard Shield Undertray Guard Engine Under Cover Fixing Clips for VW,30mm

£9.9
FREE Shipping

TANCUDER 30 PCS Heat Shield Clips Metal Locking Star Washers Underbody Heat Shield Fasteners Engine Under Cover Bottom Splashguard Shield Undertray Guard Engine Under Cover Fixing Clips for VW,30mm

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

The stud has a screw thread. So after initially pushing the washers on, can rotate them through one of the slots to tighten slightly. The views expressed herein are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of BRISKODA or SKODA.

Make a couple of big square washers from a bean tin, folded a couple of times and a small hole made with a nail. This then grips the stud. the heat shield now has a big hole in it where originally it had a small hole for the retainer's stud to pass throughCommonly used on Some Ford, Seat & V/W for underbody heat shields, noise insulations, bulk heads etc. Use a bit of ally sheet instead of a repair washer, the galvanic corrosion will take many car lifetimes to eat through 1mm of aluminium compared to the wafer thin heatshield.

Recently I had the opportunity to easily get underneath my Note and noticed that some of the exhaust heat shield clips are missing from the rear section, presumably corroded and fallen off. The remaining ones seem to be OK. Fix depends on whether its the heatshield that's corroded away around the fixing, or the fixing that's corroded away or fallen off. If it's the former, just make a plate out of anything you like with a small hole in the middle and sandwich the heatshield under/above that. I thought not, but the listing is for a VW Transporter. I know VW parts are similar to Skoda, but the listing didn't state Skoda Fabia mk1.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

All content is viewed and used at your own risk. We do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information. Car exhausts work hard to protect the air and the environment from dangerous emissions. At Halfords, we have exhaust essentials, including premium parts, clamps and gaskets, and other accessories. We also supply OEM parts, including DPF sensors, diesel particulate filters, catalytic converters and Lambda sensors.

I looked up myself before posting a few listings and they too came up with VW transporter, Golf fitment. But, didn't fit a Fabia for whatever reason.As for fitment, I guess they just push over the screw stud that is peeping out the heat shield, and has lots of rust on its surface? I was browsing around to find some cat related stuff and apparently there's a voluntary service recall on this heat shield for some 07-08 2.5 models.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop