Brian and Charles [DVD]

Brian and Charles [DVD]

RRP: £7.99
Price: £3.995
£3.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Not a typical science-fiction movie, Brian and Charles is a low-budget, low-key British comedy starring and co-written by David Earl, a regular in Ricky Gervais's sitcoms. After four Toy Story films, everyone's favourite space ranger action figure, Buzz Lightyear, gets to leave Woody and friends behind, and go off on an adventure on his own.

Chuck Chuck Baby (2023) Movie Review from Eye for Film

But thankfully, unlike a lot of serious sci-fi, this film doesn’t demand that we wonder whether or not AI robots are capable of independent thought or if you can fall in love with them, etc, etc. An outspoken Covid-denier and anti-masker, she flies to London to escape US restrictions and ends up giving an old woman (Angela Enahoro) a lift through the countryside in a friend's car. Banderas is a vapid Hollywood action hero who is hired to star in it, and Oscar Martínez joins them as a snooty theatre veteran who grudgingly agrees to play Banderas's brother. He talks directly to a figure behind the camera, with a strange, self-aware nervous giggle: Earl has worked with Ricky Gervais on TV a fair bit, and as a performer has perhaps acquired some David Brent mannerisms to go with the sentimental comedy.

Thompson plays Nancy Stokes, a retired religious-education teacher who has just been widowed after three decades in a passionless marriage. Brian (David Earl) never gives up, and when things don't go his way -- which is the majority of the time -- he's always able to pick himself up and try again. Brian and Charles is "this year's sweetest film by a country mile ," says Cory Woodroof at Nashville Scene. Charles looks a bit like an aged and un-aristocratised version of Ray Alan’s sinister ventriloquist dummy Lord Charles.

David Earl - IMDb David Earl - IMDb

I'm not from an artsy family and my parents work very normal jobs so it's not like I had the map to do it, but I definitely wanted to pursue something.Charles, a free-thinking robot, is burdened with many things, but an ontological crisis isn’t one of them. Lowri said: "I was very lost for a long time but eventually got a place at RADA, and they don't take anybody that they can't support financially. Written by Katy Brand and directed by Sophie Hyde, the film is more-or-less a two-hander, and set almost entirely in one hotel room. A handpicked selection of stories from BBC Future, Culture, Worklife and Travel, delivered to your inbox every Friday.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop