Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall (Spike Milligan War Memoirs)

£4.995
FREE Shipping

RRP: £9.99
Price: £4.995
£4.995 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Like now I suppose but with the added knowledge that the person you were shagging might be dead tomorrow.

The humor is pithy and nearly constant, but there's a good look into what was happening in Britain in the early days of World War II, which is entirely different from the picture most of us have of the US during the same period, since beyond Pearl Harbor, none of us had to worry about the major enemy forces attacking us personally every day. It is refreshing to reflect the changes and progress that has been made by our society now, all due to the atitudes of these brave and fearless mem. Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall is a 1973 British comedy film adaptation of the first volume of Spike Milligan's autobiography. My Dad was a massive fan and yet I can't believe I've never had Spike Milligan in my own life before now.He was of Irish descent, but spent most of his childhood in India and lived most of his later life in England, moving to Australia after retirement. No missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, no underlining or highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins.

Filled with bathos, pathos and gales of ribald laughter, this is a barely sane helping of military goonery and superlative Milliganese. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. I read this book as a teenager in the mid-1970s (or, put another way, a very long time ago) and I loved it and have always meant to read it again. He is famous for his work in The Goon Show, children's poetry and a series of comical autobiographical novels about his experiences serving in the British Army in WWII. It featured Milligan narrating the story plus Milligan, John Wells, Graham Stark and Alan Clare acting out some scenes.I really enjoyed this book from the vivid descriptions of war practices to the humorous practical jokes, talkbacks and commentary. Both begin with an England grossly unprepared for war and depending on outmoded traditions and building a tradition for muddling through.

It wasn't easy – the train didn't stop there" [4] Part 2 [ edit ] Members of 56th Heavy Regiment with a BL 9. This is an utterly surreal, joyous and irreverent look at Spike Milligan’s time as a young soldier in WWII. Like the potentilly funny scene where Spike and his sargent are being chased by a bull but find out that it's really a cow.I would sugest that people should endevour to get the original version to get an understanding of the total cock- up that he was thrown into in his first few days of the war. In December 1942, Milligan drinks a toast with his family that will prove to be the last for ten years.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop