Polaroid Originals - 9016 - OneStep 2 ViewFinder Blue

Polaroid Originals - 9016 - OneStep 2 ViewFinder Blue

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Light/Dark Switch: This is basically your exposure compensation switch. If you’d like your image to be brighter and exposed longer, switch it to right where you see the “+” sign. If you’d like it darker, switch it to the “-” sign. Before you do anything else, make sure to fully charge the camera using the provided USB cable. The LED light beside the USB port will stop flashing red once the camera is powered up and ready to go.

Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Heather Broster/Mathieu Gasquet and Instant Camera Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. This comes down to your preference for subjects and lighting situations, but you’ll only need the flash for subjects at close distances when you’re inside or in the shade. I primary shoot in bright sun or landscapes, rarely needing flash. Inspired by the original OneStep, Polaroid says they've updated the OneStep 2 "to create a simple, easy-to-use instant camera that works straight out of the box." It sports a 'high quality lens' that can focus from 2ft to infinity, a 'powerful' flash, a rechargeable battery that allegedly lasts 60 days on a charge, a self-timer function, and it's compatible with both the new i-Type instant film and the old 600 series film.

Design and Build Quality

Of course, the image quality isn’t “good” by any modern metric, but that’s part of the “perfect imperfection” that Polaroid Originals says makes an instant film picture. Images are always a bit soft, which sometimes complements the desaturated aesthetic, but can also obscure some of the best parts of the scene. Both cameras share these features: the point-and-shoot simplicity, a standard lens (0.6m-infinity), self-timer, a flash you can turn on and off, along with a rechargeable battery. They also use i-Type film, which is a new instant film that’s battery free, so it’s a little friendlier on the wallet. Both cameras make it simple to take great Polaroid photos. Deciding between both cameras comes down to taste and the sort of photographs you enjoy taking. The aperture range isn’t known, nor the shutter speeds, but exposure control is programmed to some extent, including again balancing flash and daylight. According to Polaroid Originals, the shutter is a “custom design using [a] precision step motor”, but that’s as much as they’re giving away. Among the benefits of a mirrorless camera is they're less bulky because of the absence of the mirror found in a DSLR, so instead of an optical viewfinder, you'll compose your shots on an electronic viewfinder or an LCD screen, according to our digital camera buying guide. You'll get these with the Sony Alpha 7R V and more, as it's capable of recording 8K 24p/25p and 4K 60p/50p video, and taking 61MP photos. It's powered by the Bionz XR image processor, which can process massive amounts of image data while reducing latency.

The only feature on the base of the camera is a tripod mount. It is useful if you frequently plan to use the self timer or want to eliminate camera shake. Para encender la cámara basta con mover hacia abajo la gran palanca amarilla que se encuentra en la parte trasera de la OneStep 2, situada cerca del puerto micro-USB. Esta conexión nos permite cargar la batería de la cámara, bien conectándola al ordenador (tarda unas 4 horas en completarse) o a un adaptador de corriente (2 horas). Note: Remember that the viewfinder sits slightly above and to the right of the camera’s lens — above and to the left from your perspective when shooting — so you will need to adjust your aim to compose your shot correctly when shooting at distances of 1.2 meters or less. Learn more about aiming and framing with the OneStep 2 in this article. The OneStep 2 is compatible with two types of 600 ISO film. The first is the i-Type film designed specially for i-Type cameras like the OneStep2, and the second is 600 film, which works with both the new i-Type cameras and vintage 600 series cameras. Polaroid Originals recommends using i-Type because it is optimised for use with the OneStep 2. Another issue I found was that images featuring lots of open sky sometimes had small white dots – an issue that other reviewers have reported as well.Although bankruptcy forced the Polaroid Corporation to cease production of instant film products in 2008, its legacy lives on in the form of Polaroid Originals, a Dutch company formerly known as the Impossible Project. Exposure dial: Move the yellow dial to the plus or minus sign to increase or reduce the exposure by a half-stop, or leave it in the middle to let the camera choose the best exposure. On the other side, you’ll find the red shutter release button, infrared LED, self-timer button, and built-in flash unit that always fires unless you suppress it by holding down the ‘no flash’ button on the rear. Sitting beside the finder is the fixed focus 106mm lens with a field of view of 41° (vertical) and 40° (horizontal). This gives you a diagonal angle of view of 57°, which is close to the field of view of a 40mm lens in 35mm format terms. It is constructed from optical grade polycarbonate and acrylic and has a range of 60cm to infinity. Don’t make the mistake of trying to focus at less than 60cm – your photos will end up blurry! Objetivo de alta calidad realizado en policarbonato, con una distancia focal equivalente a 106 milímetros y un ángulo de visión aproximado de 40 grados

Multiple exposures: Here is a neat tip I learned from photographer Matt Day. Though the camera doesn’t have a dedicated function, you can easily create multiple exposures by holding the shutter button down after you’ve taken a shot, turning the camera off so it cannot eject the film, releasing the shutter button, and then turning the camera on again. Basically this lets you take additional exposure with the same slide of film. The results aren’t that impressive but it’s fun nonetheless. Polaroid warns in the user manual that the viewfinder isn’t 100 percent accurate — it’s not a through-the-lens viewfinder — especially when close to the subject. The viewfinder feels a bit like looking through a bubble — the center of the image bends towards you as if magnified, while the edges are blurred. With your left hand supporting the camera and your right index finger on the shutter button, you’ll find your thumb rests against the no-flash button. Pressing and holding that button while taking a picture suppresses the flash, which is otherwise always left on. The flash itself is a new addition to the camera — the 1977 model had the option to add a flash on the top, but didn’t house a built-in flash. Hilary Grigonis/Digital Trends Unfortunately, the flare isn’t an artsy, rainbow-style effect, but a white blob at the edge of the photo.Flash: The flash fires by default. This is probably my main critique of the OneStep 2. I end up using the flash override for almost every photo. Most images I took have a desaturated, muddy appearance with a surprising amount of green and yellow cast. Some might call this a “vintage” look but it only really works for certain scenes. Instax photos, by contrast, have stronger contrast, more saturation and a colder hue that is more true to life.

Cámara instantánea inspirada en la Polaroid OneStep de 1977. Disponible en blanco y en grafito. Esta versión Viewfinder (VF) mejora la OneStep 2 lanzada inicialmente por Polaroid Originals con el contundente saliente del ocular, diseñado para poder usar más cómodamente el visor directo The shell of the camera itself is made from a mix of polycarbonate and ABS plastics, resulting in a lightweight yet fairly robust body. Because it doesn’t feature weather-sealing, it is best to keep it stored away on miserable days. So synonymous is the Polaroid brand name with instant film photography that many people colloquially refer to all instant cameras, including the Instax series from Fujifilm, as “polaroids”. Indoors, Polaroid says the built-in flash helps to color balance the images, but we still found the shots to be a bit too yellow. Of course, maybe that’s desirable as part of the 1970s look and feel. Our Take Warning: Shooting without flash will reduce camera performance and picture quality in most lighting situations except brightly-lit, sunny environments. We recommend always shooting with flash.

Comments

Keep your photos in a cool, dry place such a shoe box for 30 days after exposure. You can store the photos in an album or sleeve once the 30-day window has passed.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop