Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth (Mouthmark): 10

Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth (Mouthmark): 10

RRP: £4.00
Price: £2
£2 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

A lot of these poems are super dark, so trigger warning for domestic violence and rape/sexual assault, but the haunting quality to them made them so addicting and tragic.

Teaching my mother how to give birth : Shire, Warsan, 1988 Teaching my mother how to give birth : Shire, Warsan, 1988

I am working through the peeling off the anxiety that metastasized from the experience and porosing through her trauma. Secondly, social and financial changes provided by the conditions of the welfare state structures in Denmark give mothers a higher degree of independence and rights in relation to the children.God, do you know how difficult it is, to talk about the day your own city dragged you by the hair, past the old prison, past the school gates, past the burning torsos erected on poles like flags? She tells the woman: "Your daughter's face is a small riot, / her hands are a civil war, / a refugee camp behind each ear, / a body littered with ugly things. Recent studies on the Somali diasporas in the West are increasingly interested in the ways in which mothers’ roles and positions matter in the migration experience. This paper examines the political themes in three collections of poetry by Abdirahman Gaileh Mirreh (1942-2000). The poems in Warsan Shire’s Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth explore the weight of a generation’s past, fraught relations as well as the pleasures of intimacy.

[PDF] [EPUB] Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth Download

Consequently, the study concludes that No Home offers alternative insights into the notion of Islamic fundamentalism/fundamentalists that is often essentialised by some scholars as representing Islam and Muslims. In memorable poems ‘Birds’ and ‘Beauty,’ the author measures cultural norms against defiant girls who substitute pigeon blood on the wedding night rather than be defined by cultural standards of chastity.The word ‘liminal’ literally means “[to occupy] a position at, or on both sides of, a boundary or threshold” (OED).

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop