Japanese for Busy People 1: Romanized Version

Japanese for Busy People 1: Romanized Version

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

This first of three volumes introduces “survival Japanese”—the absolute minimum amount of Japanese needed to live in Japan. Thus, the vocabulary and grammatical items it introduces are limited to about a third of what is typically introduced in a first-year course. In addition, the book features notes on Japanese culture intended to expand the learner’s understanding of Japan, its customs and people. It also uses rote memorization and simple repetition to help you learn the language. By that I mean the beginning of very chapter introduces a few new words and concepts, and the rest of the chapter showcases sentences that use those words/concepts, presenting you with basic patterns and structures for you to plug the new words into. Some people find this helpful (and I am one of them!!) other people do not find constant repetition to be the easiest way to retain something. Further, this mindless repetition can be potentially confusing or frustrating, especially when it is not paired with rules of use. An example of this is particle usage. Particularly, the particles "de" and "ni". The sentence structure is always "(somewhere) ni ikimasu/kimasu/kaerimasu", but it's always "(somewhere) DE aimasu/mimasu/tabemase/etc". My teacher explained that it is always "ni" with directional verbs but "de" with action verbs. That's a very helpful rule to know!! And one the book doesn't tell you.

Japanese for Busy People is the most popular Japanese language textbook series in the world. With over 20 components including texts, workbooks, CDs, videos and teacher’s manuals, it is also one of the most comprehensive. Now, a decade after its first revision, the entire series is being redesigned, updated and consolidated to meet the needs of 21st-century students and businesspeople who want to learn natural, spoken Japanese as effectively as possible in a limited amount of time. The workbook provides ample speaking and listening practice in the form of illustrated exercises that call on learners to construct dialogues and role-play in Japanese. Illustrations combined with conversations, which proceed at a natural pace in the audio recordings, help learners to feel as if they are actually experiencing each situation. Through repeated oral and listening practice, learners will come to acquire the rhythm of real-life Japanese conversation. In the ten years since its publication, Japanese for Busy People has won acceptance worldwide as an effective, easy-to-understand textbook, either for classroom use or for independent study. In this new edition, numerous revisions and additions have been made, taking into account the comments and responses of both students and teachers who have been using the course. The textbook I actually used was Assimil's Japanese With Ease, which I much preferred. If I was to start again I'd probably go with Genki I and II along with the techniques described here: http://japaneselevelup.com/how-to-use.... I did follow those guidelines, but I used the Assimil textbook which is a bit more haphazard in its introduction of grammar concepts.The bestselling series Japanese for Busy People has guided hundreds of thousands of students to a fluent, natural, and precise use of the Japanese language. Volume I teaches the absolute minimum amount of Japanese to live in Japan and handle everyday situations.

I feel that this book is not a good choice if you are a self-taught/self-teaching student of Japanese. The book is kind of like a workbook on steroids. It is definitely more than just a workbook, but it tends to be somewhat light on explanations. An example of this is that it doesn't explain the rules of how to change verbs to the "te" form. It just presents the verbs with their "te" form, leaving you to memorize the combos rather than understand HOW these verbs change, and thus empowering you accurately use words on the fly when you are presented with a new verb. As suggested in the title, this is a concise course for busy students who want to learn natural, spoken Japanese as efficiently as possible in a limited amount of time. Revised Edition of JAPANESE FOR BUSY PEOPLE, the most popular Japanese language textbook series in the world. Audio recordings are embedded in this enhanced eBook edition. This first of three volumes introduces "survival Japanese"—the absolute minimum amount of Japanese needed to live in Japan. Thus, the vocabulary and grammatical items it introduces are limited to about a third of what is typically introduced in a first-year course. In addition, the book features notes on Japanese culture intended to expand the learner’s understanding of Japan, its customs and people.Japanese for Busy People I: The Workbook for the Revised 4th Edition is for all learners who wish to improve their speaking and listening skills. It can be used in tandem with Japanese for Busy People I: Revised 4th Edition, both Kana Edition and Romanized Edition, or as independent study material. Ability to select appropriate words and phrases for different situations and speech levels, such as having a meeting about holding a party, greetings for job transfers and leaving, In Book I, the revisions are directed at making the grammatical explanations easier to understand, while adding further explanations of points that students have difficulty with. Changes have also been made in favor of more natural practice sentences and dialogues. In addition, new appendices list the particles, interrogatives, and sentence patterns in the book, as well as the kanji introduced. All of these are issues are solved when this book is used in a classroom environment (as is the case with me), but as stated I think this would be a difficult book to use on its own.

This is a clear and straightforward textbook for elementary Japanese. It is ideal for self-study and it, along with "Japanese for Everyone," are highly recommended for people going that route. Coming out of this book, I was no where near being conversational, but I did have a decent grasp of survival Japanese. In many ways this series has the learner off to a slower start than other books. This was frustrating for me at first, but now I think it is better as I have had more time to internalize the information. This edition is quite good for vocabulary (though much of it is business-based) but light on grammar. This is partially due to it's emphasis on conversation and to the fact that Book 2 is far more grammatically centered. Practical situations are given emphasis throughout the book. (My favorite being how to ask for forgiveness if you get drunk and spill wine on someone's carpet). Asking questions, some adjectives, negative statements, -mas and -te verb forms are introduced. JFBP 1 is excellent for practicing the kana (hiragana and katakana), but no kanji is introduced until book 2. There are many exercises that are centered on teaching sentence pattern structure. They are nearly all information gap, which can be boring, but they really do help familiarize the learner with Japanese sentence structure. The CD is clear, at a good speed and has the Target Dialogue, Short Dialogue, and Word Power sections on it. I did not use the workbook at this level, but highly recommend the workbook for Level 2. Used alone, this book would be adequate for a short stay in Japan since basics like "Where is the train station?" are covered. However, continuing on to books 2 and 3 would be required for serious study. The new Japanese for Busy People: Revised 4th Edition is made up of three volumes: Book I, Book II, and Book III. Book I is available in both romanized and kana versions, similar to the Revised 3rd Edition. urn:lcp:japaneseforbusyp0000unse_n0e0:epub:18719394-9457-4f18-a1c1-747e8455a30a Foldoutcount 0 Identifier japaneseforbusyp0000unse_n0e0 Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s2th4798mwp Invoice 1652 Isbn 4770018827 Vocabulary and grammar have been limited to about one-third that usually encountered in beginner courses, and words and patterns that students will find immediately useful are emphasized. The Kana Version—exposing students to hiragana and katakana from the very beginning—uses only kana. The content of the two books is otherwise exactly the same.The Kana Version is exactly the same as the Romanized Version except for the scripts used throughout the book: hiragana and katakana.

The Kana Version is exactly the same as the Romanized Version except for the scripts used throughout the hiragana and katakana . Japanese for Busy People I is available in two formats: romanized and kana. The Romanized Version uses romanized Japanese throughout, with kana in the Opening Dialogues of each lesson. Access-restricted-item true Addeddate 2021-12-10 21:09:15 Associated-names Kokusai Nihongo Fukyū Kyōkai (Japan) Bookplateleaf 0004 Boxid IA40309116 Camera USB PTP Class Camera Collection_set printdisabled External-identifier

Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-1-g862e Ocr_detected_lang la Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 1.0000 Ocr_module_version 0.0.14 Ocr_parameters -l eng+jpn Old_pallet IA14446 Openlibrary_edition

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop