Sigma - 56 mm-F/1.4 (C) AF DC DN lens, Fuji X-MOUNT mount mount

Sigma - 56 mm-F/1.4 (C) AF DC DN lens, Fuji X-MOUNT mount mount

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Although this post isn’t a Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN C vs Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R WR comparison, below is a table to compare the two to make a better-informed choice about which lens is suitable for you, should you be considering the Fujifilm lens. Lens Feature Bokeh is a word used for the out-of-focus areas of a photograph, and is usually described in qualitative terms, such as smooth / creamy / harsh etc. In theSigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN C lens, Sigma employed an iris diaphragm with nine rounded blades, which has resulted in very nice bokeh in our view. We do realise, however, that bokeh evaluation is subjective, so we've included several 100% crops for your perusal.

Cameras Mirrorless Cameras DSLR Cameras Digital Compact Cameras Video Cameras Lenses Mirrorless Camera Lenses DSLR Lenses Lens Filters Lens Accessories The lens benefits from an open aperture of F1.4 to achieve sufficient amount of bokeh and admirable brightness even with APS-C size cameras which tend to have smaller bokeh effects compared to 35mm full size systems. Its compact and lightweight body is perfect for daily use, capable of capturing various scenes ranging from portraits to snapshots, as well as night view.The Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN is exactly the kind of lens I wanted when I first started getting into digital photography: it's small, it's light, it's fast (both in F-number and autofocus) and, above all, it's affordable. It's small, it's light, it's fast and it's affordable

B&H – B&H is a world renowned supplier of all the gear photographers, videographers, and cinematographers need and want to create their very best work.

With the lens set to its maximum aperture of f/1.4, there is some noticeable light fall-off in the corners. Stopping-down to f/4 virtually eliminates this. The short length balances especially well with the compact mirrorless camera bodies it’s designed for. It's available for Micro Four Thirds as well as Sony E and Canon EF-M mounts, but I personally prefer it when mounted on APS-C. 112mm equiv (on Micro Four Thirds) is still a great focal length for portraits, but I find myself using it a bit more freely when it's acting as an 85. No dedicated aperture ring, which is just a personal preference, and doesn't affect the lens performance in any way at all. No OIS, but again, due to the compact size and weight of the lens your camera IBIS will take care of this. Final Thoughts But thinking about photographing strangers along The High Line made me realise that the three lenses I've most enjoyed shooting with this year have all been portrait primes. Reviewing the GFX 50R and 100 gave me a chance to use the GF 110mm F2, which might be the best lens I've ever used. Covering the launch of the Sony a7R IV gave me my first exposure to Sony's very impressive 135mm F1.8 GM. But it was a rather more modest lens that I used most often, and can most easily imagine myself buying.

Three of Sigma’s contemporary prime lenses were announced as becoming available for the Nikon Z mount in April 2023, following on from options available for Fujifilm, Canon, Leica L and Micro Four Thirds. Amy Davies spent some time with each of the new lenses to find out how well they paired with Nikon Z. The lens benefits from an open aperture of F1.4 to achieve a sufficient amount of bokeh and admirable brightness even with APS-C size cameras which tend to have smaller bokeh effects compared to 35mm full-size systems. Its compact and lightweight body is perfect for daily use, capable of capturing various scenes ranging from portraits to snapshots, as well as night view. More worryingly, there is also a large amount of pin-cushion distortion evident - this is definitely one of the Sigma 56mm F1.4 DC DN C's weak points in terms of image quality. I am extremely happy with the Sigma ever since. I only stop it down for more depth of field, not for quality. I use it for many things—portrait, closeups, landscape and whatnot. Focusing is fast and precise, handling is better than the slippery Oly 75 because of the rubberized ring. Memory Cards & Storage SD Cards Micro SD cards CFexpress cards Compact Flash and CFast cards Card Readers SSD and USB Drives Scanners

With the camera set to aperture priority, I photographed a variety of locations to see how the lens performed in this manner and was really pleased with the detail captured. As expected, at f/1.4, the depth of field is very narrow and produces a buttery softness surrounding the focus point. The Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens is designed specifically for Fujifilm X-mount cameras, including the X-T4, X-T3, X-T2, X-T1, X-H1, X-Pro3, X-Pro2, X-E3, X-E2, and X-E1. It is not compatible with other camera systems. What types of photography is the Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens best suited for?

Sigma's DC Lenses are built for optimised capability when working with APS-C image sensors. If using a DC lens with a full-frame sensor, it is recommended that you adjust your image area settings as vignetting will occur. What is a Sigma DN Lens? Film & Darkroom Film Clothing Instant Printers & Consumables Ink Jet Printing Canon Ink Jet Printers Ink jet paper Service Plans & More As I expected, the barrel has a nice large rubberized focus ring that gives the lens a nice grippy and durable feel.

Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R WR Build and Handling

Sigma has done it again with this lens, as I found nothing that would put me off considering it for my kit bag. It produces rich, sharp images, has great autofocus, and is lightweight and compact. Although relatively low in cost, the lens feels and performs like a premium lens and would be a worthy addition to your own kit bag for portrait, travel, pet, street, and everyday photography. This lens is perfect for shooting video. With SIGMA's expertise, the lenses AF functions are silent and smooth.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop