The Female Factor: Making women’s health count – and what it means for you (The Food Medic)

£11
FREE Shipping

The Female Factor: Making women’s health count – and what it means for you (The Food Medic)

RRP: £22.00
Price: £11
£11 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Written and designed by Dr Hazel Wallace of The Food Medic in collaboration with Mal Paper to help support a healthy lifestyle and mindset. What I got was a glazed over version, and although I agree she cannot give medical advice, to end every paragraph with ‘this may not apply to all women, or seek medical intervention before trying’ isn’t helpful. Are certain vitamin and mineral requirements particularly important at certain points of women's lives? References included so you can read further into the topics covered in the book, I’d say this is aimed at people who know very little about women’s health and I think it’s perfect for an introduction into women’s health and well-being!

Approx 50% of the book is recipes rather than focusing on female health, I feel the author missed the opportunity to create a fantastic book here. The male body has always been the default body in clinical medicine, making the assumption that women are just smaller versions of men. We are deeply committed to taking action to further increase female representation in senior leadership, as well as continue building our culture of inclusion and care and here we see t he female factor as an important partner.Nutrition will always be Dr Hazel’s biggest passion, but as a woman, and as a doctor to many women, she wanted to expand on the work she does, especially when she discovered there was an unmet need within medicine and healthcare. Are certain vitamin and mineral requirements particularly important at certain points of women’s lives?

If you are interested in the topics here, "It's Probably Your Hormones" by Dr Mary Ryan is a much better book. This Halloween, swipe right to uncover the haunting realities in the workplace that are too real to ignore. Super disappointing because this is such a basic overview that contains not really much on my opinion than we cover at medical school!

Covers the “what, how, when” questions of women’s health but lacks the “why”… while providing helpful facts about women’s health, I was disappointed to see there was no attempt to cover the why. That said, for a visual learner like myself I appreciated the translation of data/cycles etc in visual (and aesthetic! This isn’t a book with a collection of recipes that will just help shift a few stubborn pounds before a holiday – it is about health, confidence, happiness and feeling great! A special thank you to Christine Antlanger-Winter and Judith Dobretzberger for their wonderful collaboration thus far and for making such a remarkable choice with Maimuna. Whilst the parts of the book that were educational were very well written, easy to understand and I definitely took information on board, I was hoping for deeper knowledge and understand and it seemed a little surface level.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop