DIRTY LAUNDRY: Why adults with ADHD are so ashamed and what we can do to help

DIRTY LAUNDRY: Why adults with ADHD are so ashamed and what we can do to help

RRP: £99
Price: £9.9
£9.9 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

I love the positive message of giving yourself/your ADHD loved one grace. I don't agree with some reviewers who said that ADHD is used to excuse behaviour- it is literally a disability. Behaviour is a choice but symptoms can't be helped and shaming people (or internalising shame) for ADHD related struggles only makes everyone's life harder. The ending of the book is abrupt and actually just left me feeling sad. Horrible people who get what they deserve doesn't really give me any heartburn, but I was left with the thought that it didn't have to be like that if there was just ONE decent human being of the bunch. I don't know if the intent was to make the reader sad, but that's how I felt. I've been following their social media for ages and always found it so funny and heart warming! So just bought the book to see if it is the same 😂 It is. What Worked: I love a messy story! And to be quite honest, the foundation of this story is built upon the messiness of each character. I appreciated that Bose took the time and effort to carefully develop the personality of each character. They were well rounded, interesting, and perfectly imperfect. As a result, I was extremely interested in the revelation of the character responsible for the death of Ciara and learned some not so great things about their husbands along the way. Clearly, this is a testament to Bose's skills as a writer. She was able to drag me into this town and get me invested in their drama as if I was a part of the community.

Parth had prescribed Ciara some illicit sleeping pills, which she took too many of along with some wine for a druggy night in. The big reveal with Parth was that he had a foot fetish and that one of his college students was sending him hundreds of pictures of her feet. Mishta found out by finally looking through Parth’s phone. She assumed they were Ciara’s feet. Lauren is mostly happy, despite being outcast for her woo-woo beliefs and her kids who run naked, wild and free. Was not a super big fan. She was a bit nasally, which was distracting. She did alter her voices slightly for each POV, so that was good. Intelligent, perfectly observed, more-ish - I devoured it in two days' Poorna Bell, In Case of EmergencyThat was the whole story. No fallout, no investigation, nothing. She died and the book ended. The Review: Libri ben scritto per avvicinarsi alla comprensione dell'adhd. Essendo la narrazione di esperienze personali ha ovviamente un peso relativo, ma può dar al contempo degli spunti più che interessanti.

Ciara is a full time mum, who is also an influencer with loads of followers. She lives in a small village, where her best friend, Mishti, also lives. Ciara also lives next door to her arch enemy, Lauren. Richard Pink is a content creator behind viral social media phenomenon @ADHD_Love, where he has over 200 million global views raising awareness about ADHD. He co-authored his first book, DIRTY LAUNDRY, with his partner. He also raises awareness for victims of childhood sexual abuse via his @1_in_six platforms.

Extraordinary! Disha so cleverly weaves the narratives of these three neighbours and frenemies! Absolutely compelling, original and intriguing. Domestic noir at its very finest’ Liz Nugent, bestselling author of Our Little Cruelties Real Housewives fans will devour this debut that simmers with discontent and deceit’ Liz Alterman, author of The Perfect Neighborhood

The characterisation is very good, Mishti is my favourite character as bless her, she’s so out of her depth. Ciara is an acquired taste at the very least. Most of the characters are unlikeable and all of the men are worth diddly squat having their own very dirty laundry. Wash it yourselves chaps. The storyline builds and the doo doo definitely hits the fan in a really entertaining ending. This book was such a great read and beautifully written with both perspectives and filled with little stories and suggestions. I’ve already told all of my friends about it and they can’t wait to give it a read. If you have ADHD —or love somebody who does— DIRTY LAUNDRY will change your life, and your relationships. The author really brought all these characters to life in vivid detail! You have an glimpse inside each marriage and friendship. Not only the side of themselves they show the world, but revealing their own hidden insecurities as well. From the husband-and-wife team behind social media phenomenon @ADHD_Love , whose viral videos have been viewed more than 200 million times , comes a fearless, often outrageously funny, account of life, learning, and growing with ADHD.If you have ADHD - or love somebody who does - DIRTY LAUNDRY will change your life, and your relationships. Dressing in long floating skirts, paired with brightly patterned blouses, Lauren doesn’t dress like the others, and her three small children happily running half naked in her yard make her the butt of cruel jokes. But, she speaks her mind, and holds her ground. She isn’t afraid of Ciara. This book was better than I imagined. While I have not had the exact journey as Rox, I found myself relating so much to so many of the stories (and every single symptom). Reading through each scenario brought me SO MANY emotions. It reminded me of many of my own struggles, which reminded me of all my feelings of guilt, regret, shame, and sadness. I found myself forgiving myself once again and releasing negative feelings (that I hadn’t known I was still holding onto) as I read along now feeling so validated and understood. While I’ve gone through the diagnosis and done the work and I’m in such a great place with my life (and have been for years now), it was such a lovely and needed reminder of where I have been, how I have landed where I’m at now, a reminder to appreciate the journey, and insight on how others have been affected by ADHD. It’s such a different experience to read and learn about another’s relatable struggles than it is to be justified and coached in counseling. It’s also the perfect reminder to always operate with compassion towards others. After this had happened a few times, I turned to my wife as we were walking away from a young woman who had stopped us in Canterbury. Baffled, I whispered, “Babe . . . why was she crying? Did I say something wrong?”

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop